By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Most Important Part of Any FPS

Since the dawn of the FPS we've been hunting for health and ammo. These noble cubes have housed them for us, faithfully waiting for our crowbar.

A small tribute, we salute you, noble crate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaHS-y_mapQ

(also a good Crysis tweak)

Gather around, share your love for the crate. The single most important element of any FPS.

Around the Network

Ah, nice.

I still do want to play Crysis for that physics fun.

Til then...my love for the crate is shown through the HL2 world.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Here's to the crate pyramid in Serious Sam.

Wow, now that was a really awesome video! I love messing with things like that in games. I can remember having pinky demons run through a giant stack of boxes in Doom 3.

PC Gamer

The best health crate ever was not a crate, but a boar. Thank you Turok for allowing me to hunt woodland creatures for my health.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
The best health crate ever was not a crate, but a boar. Thank you Turok for allowing me to hunt woodland creatures for my health.

Pipe down, you.

The technical term for that is "mobile crate unit." 

And of course:

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:

And of course:

That

That is beautiful

LoL at you guys.

Mad props to Golden n64 crates for the all the ammo when I was in need.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-