By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Most Important Part of Any FPS

That's really really cool.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:

And of course:

So much memories :(, this babie could be so helpful and sometimes very dangerous...... could give you plenty of items..... or sometimes explode on you, but we love you XD

Lets play a new game, how many crates did the video show?

My theory is: a whole lot of crates. A veritable army of the little wooden bastards. I would say at least 750 for the crate man.

On a the same note, I really liked Metroid Prime 3's crates.

But Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay takes the cake. Not only do they have crates, but if you have developer's cut with commentary they even have a story behind the crates :O

^I say OVER 9000! No, really I think that's a close number don't you think?

A special mention for the crates in Mario Galaxy too.

Around the Network

And don't forget boxes, containers and inexplicable rectangular objects. They deserve their praise as well.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
The best health crate ever was not a crate, but a boar. Thank you Turok for allowing me to hunt woodland creatures for my health.

You could hunt animals for food in Turok?  No wonder I thought the game was so hard.  :p

I think that Level design is the most important thing in FPS.  Cool video though.

I am completely confused.

mM
leo-j said:
I am completely confused.

Maybe 'cause you are young, you don't play too many FPS in your PC, and definitely can't remenber Golden Eye, Turok 64, or SSB...

But heck yeah, lets praise a little, to the simplest model in any FPS, because is not about the details and the beauty of the crate, its about our needs...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

man, that video is awesome!

who doesnt love the good old fashioned crate eh? :P