By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is It Possible For GT5 To OutSell Halo Reach Lifetime?...I Think So!

jesus kung fu magic said:
BHR-3 said:

Do You Think Halo Reach Can Beat GT5 Sales Wise WW Lifetime?

TIPS

GT1 10.8M

GT2 9.3

GT3 14.9

GT410.8

GTP 3.7 by VGC

Halo 6.4

Halo2 8.4

Halo3 11.1

Halo ODST 5.2

Release

Reach releases 9/1410 World wide

GT5 releases 11/2/10 NA JP EU unknown

Me and my very best best friend were having a argument on which will sell more he insist it will be Reach.  I initially thought GT5 would outsell it by end of 2010 i had thought it would release in JP around June as thats what the rumors where from last year but adding 3D Move have pushed it back.  I believe GT5 will eventually outsell Reach WW Lifetime simply because its the 1st GT game for this gen and GT is the mother of all racers adding 3D and Move aint hurting it either. I think Reach will be hurt b/c its just a FPS and the franchise is losing something especially now with all these other great FPS out like KZ, COD, Crysis, Rage, and on and on have come.

Post what you think and why

Its not the mother of all racers......unless we are excluding mario kart

That is the father.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:

TIPS

GT1 10.8M

GT2 9.3

GT3 14.9

GT410.8

GTP 3.7 by VGC

Halo 6.4

Halo2 8.4

Halo3 11.1

Halo ODST 5.2

Release

Me and my very best best friend were having a argument on which will sell more he insist it will be Reach.  I initially thought GT5 would outsell it by end of 2010 i had thought it would release in JP around June as thats what the rumors where from last year but adding 3D Move have pushed it back.  I believe GT5 will eventually outsell Reach WW Lifetime simply because its the 1st GT game for this gen and GT is the mother of all racers adding 3D and Move aint hurting it either. I think Reach will be hurt b/c its just a FPS and the franchise is losing something especially now with all these other great FPS out like KZ, COD, Crysis, Rage, and on and on have come.

how can i say this w/o getting in trouble mother all racers review, gameplay, amount of cars tracks, realism, amount of different car series, and meta score wise

MK is mother of all sales but if we count the whole series combined on the consoles we'll find out that gt is the mother again

Play Me

thismeintiel said:

Oh man, that is hilarious.  You were trying to be funny right?  Please tell me you were.

No, it's just an observation made on the current gaming climate. If you want to see how "big" Halo is to todays market you need only look back 9 months to ODST or about 3 years to Halo 3. To go back to a time when GT was a big deal, you have to span 6 years and an entirely different console, in an entirely different market.

thismeintiel said:

GT5 will definitely outsell Reach in total sales.  I mean you have to consider that GT is Sony's biggest franchise.

That doesn't mean much. That just means they've had a single game sell over 3 million, it's not like Sonys other franchises ever top that by any great amount.

The biggest PS3 exclusive currently sits on under 5 million. Microsofts top one is more than double that and Nintendos quadruple or octuple even. Being the biggest fish in a little pond doesn't account for much in the bloodied ocean where the big fish swim.

thismeintiel said:

Halo fans have already had 2 full Halo games (Halo 3 & ODST) to wet theirappetite this gen.

Explain to us then why this will result in a lower sales effect instead of a greater sales effect like we have seen for :

CoD4>MW2

Assassins Creed>Assassins Creed 2

Bad Company> Bad Company 2

Left 4 Dead > Left 4 Dead 2

thismeintiel said:

While, GT5 will sell about the same as GT3, ~ 14-15 mil.

Well i'd like to know what you're break down for this is globally.

The interesting thing about those figures is ODST is not even a year old (only been out since end of september) and it is already over 5m. Which is actually more then any of the PS3 exclusive games.

Personally as i have said before. Things have changed, this gen is not like the last gen. Games that we expected to do well have not done as well this gen. GTA:SA sold nearly 19m units making it one of the most sold games of all time. GTA4 has sold nearly 14m combined on all the formats. MGS1 2 both sold more then MGS4. Final Fantasy 13 sold 5m combined. 12 sold nearly 6m, and 10 sold nearly 8m, all on one console. etc etc

Point is it is hard to predict sales this gen. Games that came out around the peak of PS2 obviously sold a lot, we are yet to see an exclusive PS3 game break the 5m barrier. But what we know for sure is that Halo sells loads. We have to assume Reach will sell more then ODST and be on par at least with Halo 3's sales if not very close.

For GT5 to beat Reach it will need to break game records for this gen. I just can't see that happening.

However i think eventually they will do what they did with Pro Logue and include it with most PS3's for awhile.

To put a bit of context into it even if you add sales of the top 2 PS3 exclusives they are still nearly 3m behind Halo 3 sales.

GT is huge, Halo is gigantic 

BHR-3 said:
BHR-3 said:

TIPS

GT1 10.8M

GT2 9.3

GT3 14.9

GT410.8

GTP 3.7 by VGC

Halo 6.4

Halo2 8.4

Halo3 11.1

Halo ODST 5.2

Release

how can i say this w/o getting in trouble mother all racers review, gameplay, amount of cars tracks, realism, amount of different car series, and meta score wise

MK is mother of all sales but if we count the whole series combined on the consoles we'll find out that gt is the mother again

MK wins in reviews when compared to GT (MK averages an 87 as a franchise while GT averages 75 on meta so I have no idea what you are talking about).....gameplay is subjective but going by the reviews MK wins ......MK wasnt set out as a realistic game so I also have no idea why you added that criteria.

MK sales as a franchise combined  eclipses the GT series (71 mil compared to 53 mil)......do you even check what you are talking about?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

why u come in my thread and talk about MK? the thread asks about sales gt5 vs reach that my best friend and i were arguing about thats like me going in your thread and saying weres ur talk show looking through the donut hole?

and meta has it

kart 64 84

kart gc 87

kart wii 82

average 84

gt1 96

gt2 93

gt3 95

gt4 89

gtp 80

average 91

wheres the 75? average

even if u add 74 from psp im gettin 87 average

"MK sales as a franchise combined  eclipses the GT series (71 mil compared to 53 mil)......do you even check what you are talking about?"

do you even read before you post?

"but if we count the whole series combined on the consoles we'll find out that gt is the mother again"

Play Me

BHR-3 said:

TIPS

GT1 10.8M

GT2 9.3

GT3 14.9

GT410.8

GTP 3.7 by VGC

Halo 6.4

Halo2 8.4

Halo3 11.1

Halo ODST 5.2

Release

Should be rectified to Mother of all driving simulators.

there edited so people can feel comfortable like it has anything to do with the thread topic at hand

Play Me

No. there is the 64-bit Atari Jaguar.

Will the PS3 be the first and most successful multi-million selling piracy & hack-free console of all time?

On Topic...I think GT5 will do around 12~ mil...and Reach will do about 10~mil( Call Of Duty Black OPS, Medal of Honor and all other fps releasing during that period will steal a bit of Reach's thunder). But these numbers might change depending on the pre order charts.