By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is It Possible For GT5 To OutSell Halo Reach Lifetime?...I Think So!

RAZurrection said:

No. Reach's first month figures will bear a close resemblence to GT5's lifetime figures.

my thoughts exactly

Around the Network

GT5 will win, but just.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Very possible. Every previous generation has had two GT games whereas this one will likely have just the one with GT6 being saved for the PS4 if Sony knows whats best for them. Its also possible that Halo: Reach will exceed the LTD sales of Halo 3 by a reasonable margin given the fact that all things point to it being a much better game and theres less FPS competition this year. So all things considered GT5 could sell more than Halo: Reach even if Halo: Reach sells more than Halo 3 or the other way around. Given the fact there are very few 10 selling franchises out there it makes it exceedingly hard to predict how things might or might not pan out.

Tease.

RAZurrection said:

No. Reach's first month figures will bear a close resemblence to GT5's lifetime figures.

PLEASE do a  bet with me on that PLEASE!

Squilliam said:

Very possible. Every previous generation has had two GT games whereas this one will likely have just the one with GT6 being saved for the PS4 if Sony knows whats best for them. Its also possible that Halo: Reach will exceed the LTD sales of Halo 3 by a reasonable margin given the fact that all things point to it being a much better game and theres less FPS competition this year. So all things considered GT5 could sell more than Halo: Reach even if Halo: Reach sells more than Halo 3 or the other way around. Given the fact there are very few 10 selling franchises out there it makes it exceedingly hard to predict how things might or might not pan out.

i disagree i believe new gen will start 2014 so theres time for another

do you think MS would do a relaunch and release kinect in 2010 if the next gens going to start 2012 like most on here think?

but if gt5 is the only gt game this gen like u say then that will help gt5 lifetime sales so good piont

Play Me

Around the Network
RAZurrection said:

Oh man, that is hilarious.  You were trying to be funny right?  Please tell me you were.

@ OP

GT5 will definitely outsell Reach in total sales.  I mean you have to consider that GT is Sony's biggest franchise.  It's huge in EU, and given the fact that the Nascar license has been added (as well as being able to drive those cars on other tracks than Nascar ones) will help it sell more in America.  And then when you look at the sales of GT4P (1.36 mil) compared to GT5P (4.65 mil), you can see there is a great anticipation for GT5.  Halo fans have already had 2 full Halo games (Halo 3 & ODST) to wet their appetite this gen. 

In the end, I see Reach selling about the same as Halo 3, ~ 10-11 mil.  While, GT5 will sell about the same as GT3, ~ 14-15 mil.

thismeintiel said:
RAZurrection said:

Oh man, that is hilarious.  You were trying to be funny right?  Please tell me you were.

@ OP

GT5 will definitely outsell Reach in total sales.  I mean you have to consider that GT is Sony's biggest franchise.  It's huge in EU, and given the fact that the Nascar license has been added (as well as being able to drive those cars on other tracks than Nascar ones) will help it sell more in America.  And then when you look at the sales of GT4P (1.36 mil) compared to GT5P (4.65 mil), you can see there is a great anticipation for GT5.  Halo fans have already had 2 full Halo games (Halo 3 & ODST) to wet their appetite this gen. 

In the end, I see Reach selling about the same as Halo 3, ~ 10-11 mil.  While, GT5 will sell about the same as GT3, ~ 14-15 mil.

I'm sorry that's just not very plausible. Look at the current userbase. That would be an incredible attach ratio...

Nik24 said:
thismeintiel said:
RAZurrection said:

@ OP

I'm sorry that's just not very plausible. Look at the current userbase. That would be an incredible attach ratio...

GT3 was released when PS2 had sold 20 Million. Or something like that.

GT5 will be the only full game of the series on the PS3. That's a pretty big advantage, I think.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Halo Reach outsells Halo 3 (though I don't think it will).

Well, if I had to bet, I'd say GT5 will win. However, I can't say I'm confident in that choice, it can really go either way: GT5 declining due to competitors, Halo declining due to the sequel effect, GT5 over 10 million because people have been waiting forever, or Halo Reach above Halo 3 due to larger userbase (MW2 buyers)...

It'll be interesting to watch, for sure. If Halo Reach doesn't come out opening stronger this year, though, I don't see it catching up. GT5 is stronger in the EU region, and is also a racer, both of which tend to sell more over time (as opposed to a shooter with sales mostly from the US, a frontloaded region).

BHR-3 said:

Do You Think Halo Reach Can Beat GT5 Sales Wise WW Lifetime?

TIPS

GT1 10.8M

GT2 9.3

GT3 14.9

GT410.8

GTP 3.7 by VGC

Halo 6.4

Halo2 8.4

Halo3 11.1

Halo ODST 5.2

Release

Reach releases 9/1410 World wide

GT5 releases 11/2/10 NA JP EU unknown

Me and my very best best friend were having a argument on which will sell more he insist it will be Reach.  I initially thought GT5 would outsell it by end of 2010 i had thought it would release in JP around June as thats what the rumors where from last year but adding 3D Move have pushed it back.  I believe GT5 will eventually outsell Reach WW Lifetime simply because its the 1st GT game for this gen and GT is the mother of all racers adding 3D and Move aint hurting it either. I think Reach will be hurt b/c its just a FPS and the franchise is losing something especially now with all these other great FPS out like KZ, COD, Crysis, Rage, and on and on have come.

Post what you think and why

Its not the mother of all racers......unless we are excluding mario kart

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!