By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Vgchartz Mafia Round -17- Street Fighter Edition

Gnizmo said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

I am so freaking angry that hatmoza interfered in the game AS MODERATOR.

I have a plan that will catch scum, but all this "I'm scared of being targeted" shit is coming about as a result of what he said.

And why the focus on Bison?

You should very much know why. Rose is your favorite character. She exists to kill Bison in the game. Ignoring this makes you look more suspicious.

I haven't owned a Street Fighter game since SSF2 so I've only played Rose in VS with friends so I know nothing about the backstories of anyone post-SSF2.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:

You shouldn't have said anything.  It was blatantly unfair and it totally changed the course of Day 1.

I actually missed that originally. Thanks for pointing it out though. Definitely confirms my theory though. You are head-hunting bison for a win condition. I dunno if it will let the rest of the town win, but I don't care to wait and find out either.

Vote: Words of Wisdom

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Look, here's the deal.

My Soul Power let's me target one player per night.  If the player is Bison, he dies.  If the player is not Bison, nothing happens.

Since I'm pro-town, it means Bison is anti-town and likely something along the lines of a Serial Killer (think Link and Ganondorf from the last game where I'm Link and Bison is Ganondorf).

If we don't do the name claim, then Bison is probably going to kill me tonight and continue killing until he's caught.  If we catch him today then we have other options but the only way to catch Bison for sure is for everyone to claim their name so Bison can't hide.

Anyone not name claiming is helping the damn serial killer.

Words Of Wisdom said:

Look, here's the deal.

My Soul Power let's me target one player per night.  If the player is Bison, he dies.  If the player is not Bison, nothing happens.

Since I'm pro-town, it means Bison is anti-town and likely something along the lines of a Serial Killer (think Link and Ganondorf from the last game where I'm Link and Bison is Ganondorf).

If we don't do the name claim, then Bison is probably going to kill me tonight and continue killing until he's caught.  If we catch him today then we have other options but the only way to catch Bison for sure is for everyone to claim their name so Bison can't hide.

Any credibility you had went out the window a while back. You came up with a weird scheme, and terrible reasoning behind it. Ultimately your poorly thought out excuses for why people should claim (catching two people claiming the same name? really?) is not something you would do. This sounds like a semi-plausible explanation, but there is no way I am trusting you at this point (above and beyond normal distrust in these games).

I will throw you one bone though. I am not Bison.

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Look, here's the deal.

Any credibility you had went out the window a while back. You came up with a weird scheme, and terrible reasoning behind it. Ultimately your poorly thought out excuses for why people should claim (catching two people claiming the same name? really?) is not something you would do. This sounds like a semi-plausible explanation, but there is no way I am trusting you at this point (above and beyond normal distrust in these games).

I will throw you one bone though. I am not Bison.

I don't care whether you believe me at this point.  You don't want to believe me.  And there's no point in saying you're not Bison because EVERYONE is going to say that.  It's meaningless without saying your character name.  Even you should be smart enough to figure that out.

Words Of Wisdom said:

I don't care whether you believe me at this point.  You don't want to believe me.  And there's no point in saying you're not Bison because EVERYONE is going to say that.  It's meaningless without saying your character name.

To a point it is meaningless. In another sense it helps you a little. If you believe me, and you have as much reason to believe me as I believe you, then I have removed one person from your list. It is the 2 prisoner scenario. Now you have already deceived me which means I probably should act against you. I have not deceived you however, and thus it is in your best interest to trust me. Obviously this cannot be applied to all players.

WoW...you are screwed..

Unless people join in with your name claim effort...which I highly doubt. 

It's amazing how I almost forgot about this thread! Well WoW, If you remebered Link's role, It said that he wins when he takes down ganon. I have no clue about street fight characters, but I'm assuming Rose is like link and Bison is similar to ganondorf. I'm assuming you have a seperate win condition that has nothing to do with the town. Though,I assume Bison  is worse(as in night kills, I guess)... but he would most likely win in the end and not right off the bat Like (rose's) so we can take our time to find him.

vote: WoW

Bleep. Bloop. Blaap.

Words Of Wisdom said:
hatmoza said:

A great player once said

"Don't take the game too seriously, remember it's all just for fun."

@WoW

Do not blame me for your impatience before I could even give a proper introduction to day 1.

Please continue on with the game. The only posts you'll see from me from here forth are game-related posts (stories, vote updates ... etc)

You shouldn't have said anything.  It was blatantly unfair and it totally changed the course of Day 1.

You say this like there hasnt been a special win scenario used in a game before.  And that no body would have picked up on that during the day.   That is extremely naive of you, and insulting to the rest of the players at the same time. 

It woudnt have mattered if he had said it or not, someone in the game would have.