By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How to play with the Dualshock instead of a Nav. controller

Munkeh111 said:

This is when to get the SIXAXES out again! Anyway, I will probably get one navigation controller myself

Also, did you get this from the Eurogamer article, where Richard Marks actually said that this was the thing to do?

Indeed I did.

Around the Network

So if we go back to that Eurogamer interview, this is precisely what they say about using the traditional controller, hopefully explaining why they will release it

Digital Foundry: Let's talk for a moment about the Navigation Controller. Is that effectively a redesigned, pared-down DualShock? Does it add any kind of additional motion control to the system?

Richard Marks: No, it is exactly the left "hand" of the DualShock. And it's not necessary. You can always use the DualShock instead of the sub-controller.

Digital Foundry: But that would be a bit of a handful on a game like SOCOM...

Richard Marks: I found that if you're sitting down and it's on your knee, it's not a problem at all, it feels pretty natural. But if you want to stand up and you want a user-friendly game then you use the sub-controller.

I still plan to get the Nav but not right away like the Move.

4 ≈ One