By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is living in the past

RolStoppable said:
infamous23 said:

Well, that's the difference between Sony's PS2 and Nintendo's Wii.  Sony's PS2 strived to have the best games that had violence and sex in them and to have the best games aimed at a more general audience.

Whereas with Wii, Nintendo never really tries to have the best of both worlds but are mainly content to go only with what they expect will sell and keep their old fans happy.

Wrong, that's the problem of the PS3.

Wrong.  The PS3 has put many more diverse experiences out there this gen than the Wii.  Flower, Sorcery, Eye of Judgement.  Also, they keep putting out games aimed at the core and the casual while trying to take core gaming in new directions.  See Heavy Rain.

Around the Network
infamous23 said:

Wrong.  The PS3 has put many more diverse experiences out there this gen than the Wii.  Flower, Sorcery, Eye of Judgement.  Also, they keep putting out games aimed at the core and the casual while trying to take core gaming in new directions.  See Heavy Rain.

Interactive experiences like Heavy Rain exists since 1983

Some peole should really learn how to read more

Love this thread :)

lvader said:

Just because they are using known characters doesn't mean what they are doing with them isn't inovative. SMG2 is far more fresh and new than anything from Sony or MS.

So SMG2 is more fresh/innovative than Heavy Rain?

Tonight has been a a load of PS3 and Xbox butt hurt threads.

We understand your Butt Hurt. id be to if i owned a PS3 or a Xbox.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
infamous23 said:
RolStoppable said:

Wrong, that's the problem of the PS3.

Ever since you signed up to VGC you try to beat me at my game of making false assumptions, illogical conclusions and ridiculous claims, but don't think that I'll give up without putting up a fight.

his name is infamous, which is a PS3 game I'm currently playing! totally unrelated posts ftw!

infamous23 said:

<!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } -->

You have not searched well the experiences the Wii offered

Lost Winds, Bit Trip Series, World of Goo, Strong Bad, Red Steel, Wii Sports/Sports Resort, Wii fit/fit , Epic Yarn, Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Skyward Sword, Harry Potter came before Sorcery and has used motion Controls on Wii, Madworld, Manhunt 2, Mortal Kombat, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Monster Hunter 3, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wii play, Wii Party, Just dance...

I can't list all the games that offer a lot of variety on Wii. I can't say that Wii offers more variety than PS3 because I don't have one and I don't plan to (too many Wii games I want) but many of us have proof that your statement is wrong

with your argument

the_bloodwalker said:
infamous23 said:

You hjave not searched well the experinces the Wii offered

Lost Winds, Bit Trip Series, World of Goo, Strong Bad, Red Steel, Wii Sports/Sports Resort, Wii fit/fit , Epi Yarn, Super Mario Galaxy, New SuperMario Bros Wii, Skyward Sword, Harry Potter came before Sorcery and has used motion Controls on Wii, Madworld, Manhunt 2, Mortal Kombat, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Monster Hunter 3, Metroi Prime Trilogy, Wii play, Wii Party, Just dance...

I can't list all the games that offer a lot of variety on Wii. I can't say that Wii offers more variety than PS3 because I don't have one and I don't plan to (too many Wii games I want) but many of us have proof that your statement is wrong

with your arguement

But it does, I have a Wii and a PS3 lol, the Wii definitely has more vareity. Keep in mind that we are talking vareity here though, not quality since both systems have some quality games.

the_bloodwalker said:infamous23 said: Wrong.  The PS3 has put many more diverse experiences out there this gen than the Wii.  Flower, Sorcery, Eye of Judgement.  Also, they keep putting out games aimed at the core and the casual while trying to take core gaming in new directions.  See Heavy Rain.

You have not searched well the experiences the Wii offered Lost Winds, Bit Trip Series, World of Goo, Strong Bad, Red Steel, Wii Sports/Sports Resort, Wii fit/fit , Epic Yarn, Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Skyward Sword, Harry Potter came before Sorcery and has used motion Controls on Wii, Madworld, Manhunt 2, Mortal Kombat, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Monster Hunter 3, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wii play, Wii Party, Just dance... I can't list all the games that offer a lot of variety on Wii. I can't say that Wii offers more variety than PS3 because I don't have one and I don't plan to (too many Wii games I want) but many of us have proof that your statement is wrong with your argument

Well, my original argument was that Nintendo continues to make retreads of the same old games and that the games they do make continue to primarily be focused on all gamers and this hampers their ability to really be seen as any way broadening the artistic horizons of games.  If you cut out all the games in that list that aren't made by Nintendo, then take a look at Nintendo's E3 Conference from last week and you'll pretty much see that that is the case.

Sony's kicked off at least three or four brand new core series this gen and had many games rated E, T, and M,  How many brand new core series has Nintendo themselves put out there this gen and what is the percentage of the games they've released this year in E, T, and M rankings.  I think that 90% of their games would fall in the E category.

Nintendo only really goes with what they know will sell on their console:  multiple 2d platformers and the Wii series games.

At least Sony tries things as diverse as The Eye of Judgement, Flower, and Heavy Rain

Metroid Prime, Metroid: Other M, Sin and Punishment: Star Succesor, Punch Out, both Zelda's, both Mario Galaxies, Xenoblade, The Last Story....

Yup, only Wii series games and 2D platformers. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.