By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda was pushed back to refine visual style, says Shigeru Miyamoto!

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Guys, the game controls sooooo damn good.  I don't care what it looks like.  The fact that it's very beautiful and has its own unique visual flavor is an added bonus.  I can't wait to see the more evil areas in the game, and how they use this style.

I'm pretty interested in this too. What we have seen is probably early in the game, and while the darker elements will not be as dark as Twilight Princess, they could be pretty spectacular artistically. I would love to see some dramatic swing in mood portrayed in the visuals.

For those saying the game is done other than the visuals, you could be very wrong. It could mean that without the work they were doing on the visual style they would have had time to do all of the stuff they haven't yet.

(By the way I really like the style.)

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:

Twilite Princes had an amazing graphics style. Very soft lighting and beautiful colors.  A great mix of realism and fantasy land.

They're destroying Zelda by copying real world paintings.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all day. Visual styles are incapable of destroying the core Zelda experience, and impressionism is a fine style for the game.

You're not the kind of person who any actual fan of the series would go to for advice on it. You want the game to be Elder Scrolls!

Hahaha, you're absolutely correct.

Honestly, right from the beginning a part of me felt it was wrong to come into this thread and try to tell what is true Zelda and what is not.

Khuutra said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

Guys, the game controls sooooo damn good.  I don't care what it looks like.  The fact that it's very beautiful and has its own unique visual flavor is an added bonus.  I can't wait to see the more evil areas in the game, and how they use this style.

So the combat is fun is it?

Yeah.  It plays like the swordplay game in Wii Sports Resort, but with the ability to run around in any direction instead of auto-aiming at your enemies.  You can still lock on to enemies if you want, or just run up and do some slashes in any direction with the Motion .  The whip kicks ass, and the beetle is pretty cool too.  Everything was really smooth, even the new bow controls that don't use the IR pointer.

Slimebeast said:
Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:

Twilite Princes had an amazing graphics style. Very soft lighting and beautiful colors.  A great mix of realism and fantasy land.

They're destroying Zelda by copying real world paintings.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard all day. Visual styles are incapable of destroying the core Zelda experience, and impressionism is a fine style for the game.

You're not the kind of person who any actual fan of the series would go to for advice on it. You want the game to be Elder Scrolls!

Honestly, right from the beginning a part of me felt it was wrong to come into this thread and try to tell what is true Zelda and what is not.

Zelda is zelda you can't say this isn't zelda based just in some pics, also i remembered how a lot of people said exactly that with WW and now is the best or one of the best zelda games? Have you even play zelda before ocarina? How about this: if zelda goes 3D they are gonna destroy what zelda is, do you think thas right? 

Sorry for the grammar English is not my native 

I'm not a Nintendo fan and I lost interest in this game at "mandatory wagglecontrols", but the art style is really spectacular.

Around the Network
Qays said:

I'm not a Nintendo fan and I lost interest in this game at "mandatory wagglecontrols", but the art style is really spectacular.

Please explain?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Slimebeast said:

Well, everybody's entitled to say what they want out of the series. How much Zelda have you played, though?

Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:

Well, everybody's entitled to say what they want out of the series. How much Zelda have you played, though?

The first Zelda on NES (not very much though, only at a friend's house in the '80s), Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

I skipped Gamecube cos of the look of Wind Waker (but as I said, I regret it now). And I am obviously late to the party with the Wii, but eventually I'll get both Twilite Princes and the new one.

How much have u played?

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Qays said:

Please explain?

Not being able to play the game with a real controller.

Slimebeast said:

The first Zelda on NES (not very much though, only at a friend's house in the '80s), Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

I skipped Gamecube cos of the look of Wind Waker (but as I said, I regret it now). And I am obviously late to the party with the Wii, but eventually I'll get both Twilite Princes and the new one.

How much have u played?

The Legend of Zelda, Adventures of Link, Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Seasons, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks.