By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinectimals 69.99$ (CD)??????

lol, I thought those were US dollars

Sorry for bad English.

Around the Network
selnor said:

Um in the UK Wii games are the same price as 360 games. With PS3 games usually £5 - £10 more expensive.

Yes even Wii mini game games are released either £34.99 or £39.99. Same as 360 releases.

What did you expect? Kinect games are valued depending on user. What seems like rubbish to you isnt rubbish to the casuals. 

I bet the casuals laugh at people paying £39.99 for Halo Reach. They probably think what a waste. 

Where the hell have you been shopping then? 

PS360 games are the same prices, Unless your reffering to shops that sell pre-owend games, and even then the prices change everyday depending on what stock they have on that game either particular console, so it goes either way 

That's just nuts.  So not only are they asking for a hefty up front price, but they are also asking you to pay full price (might turn out to be more) for these quick mini games.  And you have to consider that Nintendo, at least in the US, charges ~ $50 for new games (not all of them mini games) and Sony is going to be charging ~ $40 for new games(again, not all mini-games).  This is just pushing Kinect farther and farther from the market MS is trying to reach.  The casuals. 

Price is never a barrier when the casual market is involved.

Wii Fit anyone?

If Kinectanimals can attract the millions of families out there, it'll sell. If not, it won't. Simple. Price is a minor barrier for that. The wii didn't sell that well because it was cheap people!

A price hasn't even confirmed for Kinect, the games sure as hell won't be confirmed yet either. They're all just placeholders be it overpriced ones.

Around the Network

I just payed Mass Effect 7.90€ bundled with a PC gaming magazine... I could have payed up to 20€ for it, hadn't I found it for less, but I wouldn't pay any game more than 50€ (actually, IIRC, I never payed any game more than 75,000 old Lire, ~40€, but I guess I could stretch that limit a bit in some special cases, complete collections of games and expansions with a fancy metal box, a map and a figurine, for example) and I wouldn't pay even 1€ for those awwwww cuuuute animal games, whichever console or PC they are on.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

phinch1 said:
selnor said:

Um in the UK Wii games are the same price as 360 games. With PS3 games usually £5 - £10 more expensive.

Yes even Wii mini game games are released either £34.99 or £39.99. Same as 360 releases.

What did you expect? Kinect games are valued depending on user. What seems like rubbish to you isnt rubbish to the casuals. 

I bet the casuals laugh at people paying £39.99 for Halo Reach. They probably think what a waste. 

Where the hell have you been shopping then? 

PS360 games are the same prices, Unless your reffering to shops that sell pre-owend games, and even then the prices change everyday depending on what stock they have on that game either particular console, so it goes either way 

Do you live in the same area than him?

Prices also depends on where you are from. Like me, I'm from Mexico and new 360 games are cheaper than new PS3 games.

Sorry for bad English.

The MSRP on Kinect games isn't officially set, but most retailers have them listed at the standard game price of $59.99 US, which is high for most of the initial titles.

Kinectimals would be comparable to Eye Pet, which retails for $39.99. Other Move game collections are also priced at $39.99. Many of the Wii series game collections are $39.99 as well.

It just seems excessive to be charging $59.99 for Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports, and even Kinect Joy Ride, which was at one time going to be a free XBL title (http://current.com/entertainment/gaming/90142121_microsoft-game-studios-announces-joy-ride.htm)

I don't think there's any excuse to be made for MS here, but naturally they are entitled to charge whatever they think consumers will pay under the assumption that consumer interest will be high enough to pay any price within reason upon initial release.

Personally, I don't think any of the initial titles are worth full retail $59.99 price, but Joe Public consumer's opinion matters more.

zzamaro said:

lol, I thought those were US dollars

I thought that as well at first and was like "WTF Microsoft", I am still sorta thinking that too. 

Kinect! who needs video games!

andremop said:

Price is never a barrier when the casual market is involved.

Wii Fit anyone?

If Kinectanimals can attract the millions of families out there, it'll sell. If not, it won't. Simple. Price is a minor barrier for that. The wii didn't sell that well because it was cheap people!

Actually, the fact that the Wii was half the price of the 360/PS3 when it released was a big selling point for it.  Plus, both Kinect and Move have a HUGE disadvantage that the Wii didn't have.  The Wii.  It has alreaddy sold over 70 million units, capturing almost 50% marketshare for this gen.  Price, as well as targeted audience/games, are what is going to determine the success or failure of these devices.  And Kinect's high initial prices and it seemingly only being targeted at a casual audience, one that Wii has already captured, isn't going to help.  Move may fair better with it's lower initial price of the hardware and the games, plus it being targeted to core audiences, as well.