By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could anyone really kill Nintendo?

Solid_Snake4RD said:
wick said:

I'm outta here.

I have better things to do than argue over the internet with a 17 year old kid.

oh so i'm and you are 31 years OLD so you have better things to do?

does 31yrs make you more important.........................lmao

then why even post if you have more important thing as many here are my age or even younger than me

I have found the time!! Does a 17 year old even understand the gaming industry having been born when the snes was juts past it's sell by date? Not much experience there...

Around the Network
Condor1980 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
wick said:

I'm outta here.

I have better things to do than argue over the internet with a 17 year old kid.

oh so i'm and you are 31 years OLD so you have better things to do?

does 31yrs make you more important.........................lmao

then why even post if you have more important thing as many here are my age or even younger than me

I have found the time!! Does a 17 year old even understand the gaming industry having been born when the snes was juts past it's sell by date? Not much experience there...

not much experience??????????????

how does being born late makes me less experienced

was VGC and game sales followed then too,ERRR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

RaidenChief88 said:

And the MASSIVE amount of Nintendo confidence continues. People on here are really on a tear about the 3DS this and the 3DS that. You would think this was the second coming or something. Sony had the highest selling video game system ever in the PS2 and had over 100 million sellers. They were unstopable coming into this generation and got out to a slow start. The PS1 and PS2 won their generations and now Sony is losing this generation. Things change.

People should wait before they signal the 3DS the king.

No one is unbeatable.

So true. We still have yet to see what the psp2 looks like(if there is one)

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Only Nintendo can kill Nintendo.

BoneArk said:

Only Nintendo can kill Nintendo.

can you give a more reasoning answer

Around the Network

nintendo will be dead,when the world ends in 2012. cherrio

Only Nintendo can kill Nintendo :D

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

People fail to realize Nintendo is a superior business company when it comes to gaming. Never selling their systems at a lost, creating top notch software that makes the money. Nintendo alone kept the N64, and Gamecube alive. Even though they weren't printing money systems. Nintendo still made out like a bandit due to it's software. So they only real way Nintendo could die off. Is if they Start being greedy like Sony as in release consoles at a huge loss. Then stop making software that have huge sales. Iwata is a smart business man so there will be no more dumb mistakes. As in going with cartridges and other high price media. Nintendo has also played nicer with 3rd parties. Not controlling them in the same way they did in the past. Even though the industry was better for it. So if Nintendo turns into a Sony or a Sega. Then that will be the only way they could go under.

Unless Microsoft and Sony join forces and formed one Super System. That shit ain't going to happen!

Sony will always try to force the Sony Corporation plains on the gamer through their systems. Sony wanted to sale Bu Ray, so they put it in the PS3. The same way they put a DVD drive in the PS2. Now we have 3D which they hope makes people buy Sony's 3D Tv. So their systems will always be at a lost. Sony also has yet to create a true killer App. Gran Truismo is a big selling game for them, but it's always late arrival makes it irrelvant. Even on the PS3 the best selling game was GTA San Andresa a 3rd party game. So the amount of money they take in. Will never be as much as Nintendo. They no longer have a 3rd party advantage, and the 140 PS2 sold was a illusion. If there was that many gamers where are they now?

Just because someone is saying something different. Doesn't mean their point of view is right!

Member Of The Wii Squad: Warriors of Light!

One of the 4 Yonkou of Youtube aka Wii Warlords. Other Members include ThaBlackBaron, Shokio, and Cardy.

DirtyP2002 said:

Anything could happen. Just 6 years  ago, Microsoft wanted to buy Nintendo.

Nintendo is all about gaming and they only have two products on the market. Sure they are successful, but this is risky. Sony and Microsoft have some other markets to back them up. Imagine Nintendos next console will bomb like the PS3 does (financially). Nintendos shares would drop like a stone.

Every new gen, the market gets mixed up 100%. A PSP / PS3 situation would be deadly for Nintendo. And no, Nintendo is not invincible.

Sure, the 3DS looks great and I doubt they will get in a situation like the PSP, but you never know.

The Gamecube is not that long ago, isn't it?

Even during the GCN era, Nintendo was profitable, they have a better understanding of business than their competitors

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Joelcool7 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
DrJay said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
what numbers do you wanna know

i am telling why SONY's profits are shown to be down

SONY had so much R&D going on

you really think with the Software of 1.6 BILLION games sold for PS2,they would have made money in royalties more than Nintendo and the amount they were making on hardware

just anwser to me why did  SONY's PLAYSTATION profits dipped in 2005 even with the blockbusters like GT4,SAN ANDREAS,MGS3,etc

And Nintendo was also undergoing  R & D at that time yet still managed to make a lot of profit.  So what is your point?  

Sony:  Massive profits, massive R & D costs, PS3 still lost to the Wii.

Nintendo:  Massive profits, controlled R & D costs, developed to DS and Wii to disrupt Sony.

so you are saying Wii R&D costs as much as CELL $400m budget and the extra BLU-RAY?

Sony:  Massive profits, massive R & D costs, PS3 still lost to the Wii for future profits from PS4 and blu-ray royalties

Nintendo:  Massive profits, controlled R & D costs,Wii got alot of help from PS3 high pricing

Near the end of the GameCube generation Nintendo released R&D numbers. They said they spent over 250-mill a year R&D on both their home and handheld consoles. Thats 500-million dollars a year in R&D. Don't think for a second that they don't invest as much if not more then Sony does in R&D.

SONY spent more than $2b R&D on PS3 alone.Nintendo didn't do that for Wii and DS combined and hasn't done for any of their consoles or handheld.so they aren't as much or more than SONY's R&D.

again you misunderstand me,i am not trying to say Nintendo don't unvest but as gaming is their sole business and they aren't as big as MS or SONY they take very less risk and always make console that are not expensive in price

Keep in mind the Wiimote has been in the works since the NES. Nintendo also had their own 3D technology at GameCube's launch. Nintendo obviously invested heavily in 3D since they have the 3DS and no other company beat them too it, even Sony's executives don't think its possible I remember Pachter saying if Sony couldn't do it Nintendo definatly couldn't, well they did and are.Also remember when Natal was announced, Nintendo stated at the time that they had also worked on camera technology similiar to Natal but didn't think the technology worked and chose to go with the Wiimote.

Wiimote wasn't in the works since NES.they were working on somethig else out of which after sometime they got the idea of Wii motion control the same way SONY got the idea of MOVE.but both of them were not at start developing the project as we see today

the GAMECUBE 3D you talk about is not real 3D as that kind of 3D can be output by any console.but for the console like the PS3 which can do 3D and transmit 3D at 1080p itself is not what GAMECUBE did.that ways PS2 could also do it

they have the 3DS but i'm sure it doesn't cost much as Nintendo wouldn't release it and they wouldn't take a loss too

you are talking complete bullshit

Think about it a second , even the batteries that go into the DS and such, why do they have like 10x the lasting power of the PSP? Did Nintendo just wish upon a star. Also up until the Wii Nintendo pioneered all their own media formats developing their own cartridges and mini-disks, that costs alot of money that Sony saved by going CD, DVD then BluRay.Lets not forget the gyroscopes, tilt sensors, balance board...vitality sensor.....WiiMotionPlus...... All these peripherals cost money to develope. Think of the amount of R&D that went into creating the vitality sensor for example.

you know that DS is noway near as powerfull as PSP and that way PSP would suck much more power to stay ON?

Nintendo only had their own format because they didn't wanna pay the DVD makers the royalties.And they didn't pioneer anything.the GAMECUBE disc were actually alot like mini-DVDs so they didn't really do much there.they actually just saved costs

those peripherals you talk about use INFRARED which is really an old tech and they don't cost as much as what SONY is investing in R&D.

you simply don't know what you are talking about here

Who knows what Nintendo has been developing without our knowledge. I know Sony spends alot on R&D but Nintendo probubly spends just as much if not more.

who knows what SONY has been developing now in their R7D without our knowledge

but by Nintendo's record and their company being solely gaming based,they will not invest as much

ana they don't spend as much or more than SONY in R&D

again if you understood me,i am not saying Nintendo doesn't spend much but they don't do as SONY do as they can't take as many risks

Miyamoto clearly stated that the idea of a Wiimote came about during the NES era and they worked on the technology since then realising they couldn't implement it well in the 90's. The technology has been in developement for a decade.

Nintendo alsways makes cheap platforms.... lol the GameCube cost a mint to make and the N64 was state of the art costing hundreds to manufacture when it was released. Sony makes a single expensive state of the art machine and suddenly Nintendo only makes cheap machines? GameCube was far superior to the PS2 and the N64 was far superior to the PSOne. Nintendo chose to go cheap with the Wii, one time and you want to say Nintendo always does....seriously thats purposterous!

The same way Sony got the idea for Move? You seriously think that Sony's R&D teams were working on Move prior to Nintendo's reveal? You think Sony came up with the idea in a lab before Nintendo pioneered the technology. lol...lol...LOL... Sony took four years to bring the Move to the market after Nintendo released the Wiimote. If Sony was indeed working on said technology before Nintendo they would have had the product on shelves way quicker.

It doesn't really matter why Nintendo had their own formats does it? It still costs millions in R&D to develope those formats. Yes they may have done it to avoid paying royalties but Nintendo also did it to combat piracy etc...etc... But again as I said it doesn't matter why they did it it still cost alot in R&D.

The 3D screen during the GameCube era, that would have cost money to develope and it must have been their since Nintendo seriously considered selling the screen. That technology was adopted to the 3DS all these years later. As for the other devices, infrared seriously you think the vitality sensor and balance board use only infrared and that makes them cheaper to develope.

Seriously who's the one talking out of their ass.

Rescent estimates (2008) claim Nintendo was that year spending 370-million dollars on their how console devision R&D. Nintendo is spending more and more and more on R&D. Think about it combined 500-mill a year every two years is a billion dollars.

Yes Sony's cell may have cost 2-billion to make but Nintendo spends that in two years too if not more. Now you say thats not including all the stuff Sony is not telling us. Well the same can be said for Nintendo we don't know everything they have been developing either.

Seriously mighty Sony may have more costs due to being an entertainment monopoly sure they may take losses in their movies and music divisions. But they do not spend all that much more then Nintendo does on R&D. Since neither company reveals their full R&D costs its hard to tell who is spending more.

You tell me I'm talking out my ass, dude your looking in a mirror. Yes Sony spends alot on R&D but Nintendo spends alot too and you can't claim Sony did so badly just because of R&D when Nintendo has never been in the red and spends that same at least 2-billion every four years.

Also keep in mind the cell wasn't just developed for the PS3 but for computers and other devices in Sony's arsonal. Also it was made with help from other companies who helped Sony with R&D its not like Sony developed the chip all alone and for the PS3 only.

Neither of us know what Sony and Nintendo spent this year or what they are all working on but I can guarantee that Sony isn't outpacing Nintendo by all that much.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer