By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazing Crysis 2 images. Simply amazing.

Its much easier to do "60 FPS" with prebacked lighting. And animation is another area in which Rage doesn't come close. And those gun models are still the best ever in any game. Majority of FPS's are in "30 FPS" and KZ3 still tops them. Rage perform better on PS3 but i don't think it will be that much better anyway to top KZ2. Now days people generally have low expectation from multiplatform titles. So when they see game coming close to the exclusives likes KZ3 they start calling it best looking game ever.

Around the Network
shanbcn said:

Its much easier to do "60 FPS" with prebacked lighting. And animation is another area in which Rage doesn't come close. And those gun models are still the best ever in any game. Majority of FPS's are in "30 FPS" and KZ3 still tops them. Rage perform better on PS3 but i don't think it will be that much better anyway to top KZ2. Now days people generally have low expectation from multiplatform titles. So when they see game coming close to the exclusives likes KZ3 they start calling it best looking game ever.

Um it's not coming close mate. It's looking unbelievable.

First of all, post me proof of Pre baked lighting in Rage. 

2nd doubling the framerate from 30 - 60 is massive. So massive, if you own a PC you would know how much changing textures down, shadows etc you would need to do just to increase a mere 10 FPS let alone 60!

People dont have low expectations from Multiplats. LOL. 

There is alot KZ3 isnt doing that Rage is doing. 

Ping_ii said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
tingyu said:

Why are people fighting over Crysis vs Killzone, just buy a PS3 and you would get both

/thread end

This

PS3 gets both KZ3 Crysis 2 why argue?

Also Rage on 1 disc ^_^

OT: I have to agree with the masses. KZ3 and Rage impressed me more. Especially in motion.

4 ≈ One

I was really dissapointed in Crysis 2 based on what we saw. I don't get the fuzz.

RAGE looks awesome for an open world ... ... thats it though.

Killzone 3 was in-fkin-sane.

Aaand..

GRAN TURISMO 5 RAPED THEM ALL COMBINED! (Seriously duude, GT5 omg)

Has anyone checked out these screenshots, supposedly "one from the PC and one from the 360".  Either way, one of them is without a doubt higher quality than the other (booth look fantastic tho).

Around the Network

Oh and by the way,

All you PS3 owners should play Uncharted 2 again. I recently started as I met 5 people all from the same country as me while playing it online. I'm now playing it on crushing difficulty and guys...
I'm sorry to say that Uncharted 2 takes a piss at God of War 3. What made me think otherwise or even question it was GoW3s epic scale and Kratos look.(He scared me maaan!)

Based on everything we've seen so far, be it Crysis/Rage/Bulletstorm/Killzone 3, I still feel Uncharted 2 has the edge. I mean seriously, go replay it and youll see what im talking about :>.

I can only say the only game that I rather stare at is GT5, those cars... *Jizz.

Sure all of these games are diffrent genres but im talking about the beauty of watching each game!

PS3 DUDES GO PLAY UNCHARTED 2 NAOWZ! Ya'll must have forgot :0

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:

Looking at Crysis 2 (at least the console footage) it's not impressing me quite like the original did, in fact, not even close. That said, it DOES look good, nothing short of it.

To the Rage vs KZ3/Crysis 2 talk, I still think Killzone 3 may have the edge when all is said and done. From what I've seen of all of them, I think KZ3 still edges out the win, but Rage looks fantastic and Crysis 2 is right behind it. Rage will likely top them both with textures, Crysis 2 will probably top the others with colors, but Killzone 3 will have the overall prowess to pull off the win, I think. Of course it's exclusivity will play a major role, but it is what it is.

Crysis 2 and Rage will win on massive environments. All the previews as well say a enemy appeared before the end of the 20 min demo of Rage that was about the same size as the big ones from GOW3. 0.0

Worth noting to is Crysis 2's full destruction. Again worth noting is that Rage is running double the framerate of both Crysis 2 and Killzone 3. 

None of the above games have as high a enemy count as Halo Reach, but KZ3 only impressed me for the water. And it was beautiful water. But the rest was very good. Just not Rage or Crysis 2 good.

Also worth noting is Crysis 2 is the only game of the above doing everything in full realtime. 

Well from what I've seen around the net, the buzz is mainly on KZ3. Time will tell which will look better, even though none of it will matter in the long run but otherwise, all is speculation/opinion/perspective.

You do short change KZ3 though.

I'm not short changing KZ3. The water is the most impressive upgrade to KZ2. 

It's also worth remembering technically, that Crysis 2 and Rage are sandbox environments. KZ3 is not. And you have to say Rage is so impressive with double the framerate over both Crysis 2 and KZ3.

With the media. I'm finding Rage is getting the most praise. And aparantly at the end of the 20 minute behind closed doors Rage demo was an enemy likened to the size of GOW3 enemies. Now with those visuals that is possible the most advanced tech Ive ever heard of in a game. It certainly dropped the jaws of gaming sites from what Ive read.

selnor said:
leo-j said:

killzone 3 was showing far more scale than anything shown off with CRYSIS 2 at e3.. and RAGE truely surpasses both.. from what I saw, I am not even joking

RAGE has far more scale than Crysis 2, and far more detail

Are you joking????????????????

KZ3 showed small areas. And a couple of onscreen enemies. Still very enclosed. Combat is tight to you. 

Rage was nice. Definately up there. Reach had much bigger environments, fog effects and draw distance. And the amount of enemies on the ground and sky was awesome. 

Crysis 2 just has the 'whole' package. 

KZ3 so called destruction looked very weak next to Crysis 2 at E3.

a icy mountain is not small in scale O_o what u were watching? it was open area space. with sun burst affecting ur vision with uncharted 2 like snow.

after watching all again i can easily say Crysis 2 is the most dissapointing one of all three.Especially when you factor in how beautiful crysis 1 in junggle setting was.

Crysis 2 is a conduit clone now.

most beautiful games were Kz3 and Rage.

Crysis looks to be a generic boring game.

Hope i m wrong.

when people say the ps3 version of crysis 2 is better then the xbox version selnor will start saying a new game is the graphics king just like he did with rage