By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's the most you'll pay for your 3DS?

The general consensus here seems to be around a $199 price.

I think Nintendo will probably take into consideration the lack of consumer interest in a $250 gaming device in the PSP Go when it comes to pricing, but it ultimately boils down to their per unit manufacturing costs and the initial profit margins they are shooting for on each unit sold.

Around the Network

From US$ 200 to 250, which sould be the price, perhaps bundled with some downloadable game.

greenmedic88 said:

The general consensus here seems to be around a $199 price.

I think Nintendo will probably take into consideration the lack of consumer interest in a $250 gaming device in the PSP Go when it comes to pricing, but it ultimately boils down to their per unit manufacturing costs and the initial profit margins they are shooting for on each unit sold.

Big difference is PSP GO is a step backwards that takes features AWAY from the older product. 3DS is ten steps forwards adding features in everything. U$250 for PSP Go is extremely expensive and stupid, considering you can get a 3000 that does everything the Go does and play cheap UMD games as well. The 3DS for U$250 is NOT expensive. That's a very poor comparison.

DeadEye said:

I won't pay more than £100 for a handheld. No matter how good it is, if it goes above that price tag (which I think is inevitable) it loses all value to me. And yes I'm cheap.

If you're only willing to pay £100, I assume you don't really want one anyway xD

I don't really want to pay more than £150 for it - I think that is the current price of a DSi. Surely Nintendo won't put the price above £170 (the price of a Wii) :S

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

According to EB the (tentative) RRP over here will be $350!?!? That's more than a Wii.

Around the Network

Without bundling a game 160..with a game 200

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

allenfake said:

According to EB the (tentative) RRP over here will be $350!?!? That's more than a Wii.

There is no way that is right. They probably picked a very high price because anything higher than their guess will upset people, so they pick something that it must be lower than.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)

I'm not cheap and i got a job. So i will pay 300 for it if i have to.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

199$. max

hopefully 200