By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's the most you'll pay for your 3DS?

RCTjunkie said:
dtewi said:
Khuutra said:

I'd pay $200 without flinching. $250 would make me wince. $300 is the absolute upper limit, but I don't expect it to cost that much.

Me and the wife will be buying two regardless.

Edit: And yes, I will trade in some of my current hardware or games to get it. My DSi? It's gone, buddy.

Hold on a tic, I doubt 3DS will be compatible with DS games.

It is, it just may not display 3D, but DS games will work with it.

Yep, it's fully b/w compat with DS and DSi.  All we need to know is if there's a migration path for DSiWare...

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Khuutra said:

I'd pay $200 without flinching. $250 would make me wince. $300 is the absolute upper limit, but I don't expect it to cost that much.

Me and the wife will be buying two regardless.

Edit: And yes, I will trade in some of my current hardware or games to get it. My DSi? It's gone, buddy.

Hold on a tic, I doubt 3DS will be compatible with DS games.

It one hundred percent is.

ElGranCabeza said:
jarrod said:

I'd go up to $299, but I'm only expecting to pay $199.

What I'm more worried about is game prices... they need to stay $29-$35 imo. 

I think they'll be U$39.99 to be honest, and I'm fine with that.

That's kinda what I'm expecting too.  Though we'll probably still get some $34.99 releases (like the N64 remakes).

Since I got the psp 1000 at launch I guess my limit for portables has been set to $250. 

I wouldn't pay anything more than that because then it would cost more than Nintendo's home consoles were at launch and I refuse to pay more for a portable than a home console.

250 $

Sequel I want the most :

Patapon 3 , Elite beat Agent 2 , ROTK 12 , Mother 4, Legend of legaia      3, Resident Evil outbreak 3.

Favorite Youtube poop        McDonnald                 Morshu              

Around the Network
jarrod said:
ElGranCabeza said:
jarrod said:

I'd go up to $299, but I'm only expecting to pay $199.

What I'm more worried about is game prices... they need to stay $29-$35 imo. 

I think they'll be U$39.99 to be honest, and I'm fine with that.

That's kinda what I'm expecting too.  Though we'll probably still get some $34.99 releases (like the N64 remakes).

Yes, there'll definitely be cheaper games, maybe launching for as low as U$29.99 but I fully expect I'll be paying U$39.99 when I buy my copy of MGS3 3DS, Mario Kart 3DS, Kingdom Hearts 1 3DS, etc

250 USD is the most I'm willing to go, but this time I want some hands on first, since you can't really gauge the 3D effect beforehand.

Games will decide, I don't care for remakes of old games, I want something new and fresh.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

I will settle for $400 or less.

H.M.Roman said:

I will settle for $400 or less.

High 5

200€ alone or 250€ with  a game. 

As for the price of the games, DS games cost 40€ so I expect the 3DS ones to cost 40-45€.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.