By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Twisted Metal were's the hype at.

I'm surprised more people aren't excited about this, I remember playing the twisted metal game on the ps1 and being blown away buy it. I was blown away buy the fotage I saw yesterday. This game looks like it could be the car combat game. Is this a niche genre? Could that be the reason for the lack of excitement over this title.

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:

I'm surprised more people aren't excited about this, I remember playing the twisted metal game on the ps1 and being blown away buy it. I was blown away buy the fotage I saw yesterday. This game looks like it could be the car combat game. Is this a niche genre? Could that be the reason for the lack of excitement over this title.

its been a long time since twisted metal black and you can say i am in the hype train xD

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

when its closer to release and i see more.. then ill start getting hyped.

I did enjoy the Twisted Metal series.. was always a good time waster with friends and its good to see their sticking with the traditional gameplay its known for (with a few extras thrown in).

So.. im looking forward to it.. but GT5 has all my hype and will have for a loooooong time.

I never played it and I'm not really hyped for it because  actually the graphics looked really shitty

the buildings just poped away

Just didn't look that great. That's why I'm not hyped for it.

Around the Network

World Tour and Black is where the game really stood out, World Tour mainly, still play that too this day, especially as a multiplayer game.

So I'm excited to no ends.

Hmm, pie.

I'm still excited for it and the opening video at E3 was awesome. Wish I caught it live... but I kind of suspected a Twisted Metal announcement regardless.

After watching the gameplay though I'm not sure how I feel about the helicopters and sniper rifle. I think I want just the car combat only although the new helicopters could be really fun. Guess I'm just concerned they will be too overpowered along with the sniper rifle.

And Nuke mode looks cool.

Barozi said:

Just didn't look that great. That's why I'm not hyped for it.

For a car combat game I thought it looked superb. You also have to understand the fact that their still working on the game.

mr_capello said:

I never played it and I'm not really hyped for it because  actually the graphics looked really shitty

the buildings just poped away

Twisted Metal has always been about the gameplay. Again I thought for a car combat game the graphics looked superb. You can't really compare a car combat game to something like uncharted.

IM excited! twisted metal was the first game i remember playing short of kirby or mario bros 3! just check my sig ;D

and just this morning twisted metal was the 20th hottest search on google! (it has since dropped)