By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinions & predictions say more about a person than what they speak about

One common I am noticing over and over, in surveys, predictions, and posts about what people find is awesome, is that it tells me far more about what their biases are, and what system they support, than it does what they speak on.

In a poll on here, the predictions on what would sell more Kinect or Move had Move beating Kinect by around 2-1... which is the real close to what people voted for their preferred console (360 or PS3).

Then, there are the post, where the person goes on and on and on how a certain game, not even major, is better than a major title like it on another console.  For example, a person who doesn't even have a Wii, goes off and says Sorcery is superior to Zelda on the Wii.

As for who "won" E3 (this is kind of absurd but still done), the breakdown on who wins usually maps to whatever console a person prefers. Opinion is shaped by what system a person prefers than actually what had happened.

Hey, feel free to correct me here, but I am just finding it interested that it seems to be a norm.  No matter how something is not good, someone will still say it is wonderful, if it is on their system of chice.

Around the Network

your stating the obvious, I dont think this is a new revalation at all.

ppl are Xxcited for MGS 3D, but are mostly all the ppl who knocked MGS for being a movie not a game.

hell but even ur post is kinda one sided as it points the fingers only at one fanbase.

richardhutnik said:

One common I am noticing over and over, in surveys, predictions, and posts about what people find is awesome, is that it tells me far more about what their biases are, and what system they support, than it does what they speak on.

In a poll on here, the predictions on what would sell more Kinect or Move had Move beating Kinect by around 2-1... which is the real close to what people voted for their preferred console (360 or PS3).

Then, there are the post, where the person goes on and on and on how a certain game, not even major, is better than a major title like it on another console.  For example, a person who doesn't even have a Wii, goes off and says Sorcery is superior to Zelda on the Wii.

As for who "won" E3 (this is kind of absurd but still done), the breakdown on who wins usually maps to whatever console a person prefers. Opinion is shaped by what system a person prefers than actually what had happened.

Hey, feel free to correct me here, but I am just finding it interested that it seems to be a norm.  No matter how something is not good, someone will still say it is wonderful, if it is on their system of chice.

lol rich, stop the trolling. You misread my thread, and misrepresent me completely.

In my thread I said "Today, Sorcery looked better than Zelda" and later explained that zelda will be a better final product, but the place to show your stuff was e3, and zelda failed hard, giving a similar much lower quality game a better faring.

Then you call me out for not currently owning a wii, as if that has anythign to do with how much I actually play wii games. grats

Move will sell more than Kinect.  You need more than 1 for each player :)

Xxain said:

ppl are Xxcited for MGS 3D, but are mostly all the ppl who knocked MGS for being a movie not a game.

hell but even ur post is kinda one sided as it points the fingers only at one fanbase.

To round things out, here are more:

* Individuals who hyped up The Conduit as some sort of awesome FPS that would be of interest to everyone.

* Individuals who say that Forza mops the floor with Gran Turismo.

* Individuals who said that Killzone 2 would end up making a difference in what system people pick for FPS titles.

What is the connection between all these?  The individual in question prefers a certain system of choice, and their opinions regarding a certain game on a console are shaped by what system they own.  What I brought up was some of the most recent discussions on here.

Around the Network
Xxain said:

I totally agree and that might have been a cheap shot at me (I doubt it, but it could have). I am huge MGS fan, and not that big of a MGS4. 

theprof00 said:

lol rich, stop the trolling. You misread my thread, and misrepresent me completely.

In my thread I said "Today, Sorcery looked better than Zelda" and later explained that zelda will be a better final product, but the place to show your stuff was e3, and zelda failed hard, giving a similar much lower quality game a better faring.

Then you call me out for not currently owning a wii, as if that has anythign to do with how much I actually play wii games. grats

Here is your original post:

Is it just me, or did sorcery actually look cooler than zelda?

Not only did the wiimote completely fail numerous times, but it was zelda like we've seen it a thousand times.

Sorcery looked pretty cool, it worked well, was thoughtful, and had an interesting atmosphere.

Oh, also sorcery had a release date! ZING!

Seriously though, what did you think?

You maybe revised what you original wrote, to say that you only spoke about today, and a BAD demo Nintendo had for the game, with the controls off.  But, I don't see "today " in your original post.   So, in regards to what I think, I think because you don't own a Wii, your are biased towards Playstation games that would remotely be like Zelda. 

Atari won E3.

richardhutnik said:
theprof00 said:

Here is your original post:

Is it just me, or did sorcery actually look cooler than zelda?

Not only did the wiimote completely fail numerous times, but it was zelda like we've seen it a thousand times.

Sorcery looked pretty cool, it worked well, was thoughtful, and had an interesting atmosphere.

Oh, also sorcery had a release date! ZING!

Seriously though, what did you think?

You maybe revised what you original wrote, to say that you only spoke about today, and a BAD demo Nintendo had for the game, with the controls off.  But, I don't see "today " in your original post.   So, in regards to what I think, I think because you don't own a Wii, your are biased towards Playstation games that would remotely be like Zelda. 

Oh ok, so you judged me by my OP and nothing else. Well, I'll judge you by your avatar. You live 20 years ago and have no relevance to my thread. good day.

theprof00 said:

Oh ok, so you judged me by my OP and nothing else. Well, I'll judge you by your avatar. You live 20 years ago and have no relevance to my thread. good day.

My avatar is an arcade cabinet now.  You mean my OLD Atari logo?  Well yes.  The only thing that saves me from being totally biased, is that I don't have an Atari console around these days.  I am forced to view everything on its own merits, and my likes and dislikes differ, depending on the game itself, not system.