By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinions & predictions say more about a person than what they speak about

theprof00 said:
Acevil said:
theprof00 said:
Gnizmo said:
theprof00 said:

Oh ok, so you judged me by my OP and nothing else. Well, I'll judge you by your avatar. You live 20 years ago and have no relevance to my thread. good day.

The original post, which sets the tone and topic of conversation for the entire thread, doesn't represent what your thread is about? Seriously? Thats just, wow.

I tend to agree with the idea presented here. Anyone who can't objectively rate games show their biases easily. More specifically they crap on good games needlessly, or refuse to admit faults of the games they own. It is easy to identify them though, and simply not reply.

Didn't realize I was being judged for 1% of what I show. I'll be more careful to write very good OPs followed by gobbledeguk and see what changes.

It wasn't exactly what you said in the op that made me lose respect for you, it was the attitude you showed to everyone in the thread that did it. The whole thread from your point of view, seems like lets bash zelda for not being original. 

I don't like Sorcery, but I shouldn't have discounted it in the early stages, and that is my fault... I will admit it, but if you see nothing wrong with your posts, than I am surprised. 

It just got out of control. In fact, the first time I mentioned it lacking originality was the same post in which I said sorcery didn't wow me.

I was explaining that sorcery didn't deserve praise, but it showed more than zelda did. My evidence being that zelda brought nothing to the table, and that the two were very similar in mechanics. That's a justifiable point. An established franchise with nothing new and predictable gameplay VS a new IP with lots of potential. I also wrote in the OP "is it just me?" For some people, people like myself, potential is more interesting than predictable great performance. In the end, Zelda will end up with better scores, but it's exciting to talk about the potential of a game.

That's hard to do when every Nintendo fan shows up and mocks/derails the thread and things go haywire. I wrote a post to Rol and all he commented on was that I wrote "weekend" instead of "event". It's a two-way street ace. Don't think it was just me attacking zelda. There was a lot of steering taking place. Keep in mind I said zelda would be the better game a good 8-9 times.

Given I can see where you started, but it became a pissing contest between two fanbase. See you should have wrote that in that thread, given I need to read more of that thread fully. I need to sleep for now, so I will see tomorrow. Anyways bye.  

Around the Network
Acevil said:
theprof00 said:
Acevil said:
theprof00 said:
Gnizmo said:
theprof00 said:

Oh ok, so you judged me by my OP and nothing else. Well, I'll judge you by your avatar. You live 20 years ago and have no relevance to my thread. good day.

The original post, which sets the tone and topic of conversation for the entire thread, doesn't represent what your thread is about? Seriously? Thats just, wow.

I tend to agree with the idea presented here. Anyone who can't objectively rate games show their biases easily. More specifically they crap on good games needlessly, or refuse to admit faults of the games they own. It is easy to identify them though, and simply not reply.

Didn't realize I was being judged for 1% of what I show. I'll be more careful to write very good OPs followed by gobbledeguk and see what changes.

It wasn't exactly what you said in the op that made me lose respect for you, it was the attitude you showed to everyone in the thread that did it. The whole thread from your point of view, seems like lets bash zelda for not being original. 

I don't like Sorcery, but I shouldn't have discounted it in the early stages, and that is my fault... I will admit it, but if you see nothing wrong with your posts, than I am surprised. 

It just got out of control. In fact, the first time I mentioned it lacking originality was the same post in which I said sorcery didn't wow me.

I was explaining that sorcery didn't deserve praise, but it showed more than zelda did. My evidence being that zelda brought nothing to the table, and that the two were very similar in mechanics. That's a justifiable point. An established franchise with nothing new and predictable gameplay VS a new IP with lots of potential. I also wrote in the OP "is it just me?" For some people, people like myself, potential is more interesting than predictable great performance. In the end, Zelda will end up with better scores, but it's exciting to talk about the potential of a game.

That's hard to do when every Nintendo fan shows up and mocks/derails the thread and things go haywire. I wrote a post to Rol and all he commented on was that I wrote "weekend" instead of "event". It's a two-way street ace. Don't think it was just me attacking zelda. There was a lot of steering taking place. Keep in mind I said zelda would be the better game a good 8-9 times.

Given I can see where you started, but it became a pissing contest between two fanbase. See you should have wrote that in that thread, given I need to read more of that thread fully. I need to sleep for now, so I will see tomorrow. Anyways bye.  

It's hard to be clear when people are calling me a pedophile, or insulting me for writing the wrong word in what was meant to be a peaceful discussion.

This prediction only proves that I knew the 3DS would be blue: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111065&page=1#

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

What the topic creator says is true but it is an obvious reason for why people like something and not something else.

Though I think the creator thinks that some people don't realize this and I agree. These are the fans that are just blind and there is many of them.

I think this blind fanboyism has become better though since I am surprised almost everyone, even xbox fans are saying MS lost E3 but then Sony fans are making it worse...

Also there is a "winning E3" trophy - the amount of media hype from a winning E3 conference will be bigger. That is what these conferences are for - all the higher media attention.

Endz said:

What the topic creator says is true but it is an obvious reason for why people like something and not something else.

Though I think the creator thinks that some people don't realize this and I agree. These are the fans that are just blind and there is many of them.

I think this blind fanboyism has become better though since I am surprised almost everyone, even xbox fans are saying MS lost E3 but then Sony fans are making it worse...

Also there is a "winning E3" trophy - the amount of media hype from a winning E3 conference will be bigger. That is what these conferences are for - all the higher media attention.

I would argue that people liking or disliking something is shaped by more than just what one thinks about something independent of something else.  In the case of fanboys, what system runs a game seems to be essential to.  You see cases, like with Final Fantasy XIII (and now Agent) where the game was heralded as awesome... until it went multiplatform.  At that point, Versus XIII ended up getting all the hype talk.  Same goes with predictions.  Due to a sheer lack of information, when you ask someone how the think things will do, and they end up letting their personal biases come through. 

Because of all this, all this E3 talk I have seen on here ends up telling more far more about the people on here, and their biases, than actually what has been revealed.  I know with myself, I even fall subject to it, although my interest is in being accurate more than having a given system win a console battle (and yes, I have a rooting interest for the PS3 being in last place).