By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will sell better PS Move or MS kinect

What will sell better PS Move or MS kinect

Ps Move 796 66.28%

MS Kinect 405 33.72%

Total:1,201

kinect #1 on amazon on preorder! Even beating the new xbox360!

Move #20 and #23

Around the Network

I voted for Kinect, in aprticular reason to it being more of a new superior technology than the ms move, the ps move is mroe closely related to wm and kinect is totally new and fun to use.

While the move may seem cheaper for only $50 for 1 controller, kinect can scan up to 8 players with 2 active people, so u only need 1 kinect device while it'll surely work with any 360 and maybe even pc.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Move , 4:1.

Im going to say kinect. Why? because it is on the top 5 on amazon even with a $150 price tag.In fact most of the items in the top 5 on amazon are xbox related. Also we all know Microsoft is going to market this item so much that i believe the marketing campaign will cost more than MW2 and Halo 3 marketing campaigns combined.

move looks like its aimed at 60% hardcore 40% casual. hardcore gamers wont buy it. on the other hand kinect is aimed casual.  the only killer app for either was dance central and that is kinect only. also theres fitness games for kinect that are far better then wii fit. on top of that i see kinect being marketed much much more. wii gamers arnt going to buy a ps3 to play killzone 3, GT5, RE5 with move. only the casual stuff will move consoles thats were sony is messing up. i also dont see wii owners paying 400 to play something they already have. kinect will sell 5x the 360 then move will sell ps3's

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:

move looks like its aimed at 60% hardcore 40% casual. hardcore gamers wont buy it. on the other hand kinect is aimed casual.  the only killer app for either was dance central and that is kinect only. also theres fitness games for kinect that are far better then wii fit. on top of that i see kinect being marketed much much more. wii gamers arnt going to buy a ps3 to play killzone 3, GT5, RE5 with move. only the casual stuff will move consoles thats were sony is messing up. i also dont see wii owners paying 400 to play something they already have. kinect will sell 5x the 360 then move will sell ps3's

First-Party Titles

• Beat Sketcher (Fall 2010)
  • SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs (Fall 2010)
  • EyePet™ (Sept. 2010)
  • Kung Fu Rider™ (Sept. 2010)
  • Sports Champions (Sept. 2010)
  • Start The Party!™ (Sept. 2010)
  • echochrome ii (Sept. 2010)
  • Tumble (Sept. 2010)
  • Hustle Kings (Oct. 2010)
  • The Fight: Lights Out™ (Oct. 2010)
  • The Shoot™ (Oct. 2010)
  • TV Superstars™ (Oct. 2010)
  • High Velocity Bowling (Oct. 2010)
  • PAIN (Oct. 2010)
  • Heavy Rain® (Oct. 2010)
  • SingStar® Dance (Nov. 2010)
  • Little Big Planet™ 2 (Nov. 2010)
  • Sly Collection (Nov. 2010)
  • Heroes On The Move (Working Title) (2011)
  • Killzone®3 (2011)
  • Sorcery (2011)

Third-Party Titles

• John Daly's ProStroke Golf (OG International) (Fall 2010)
  • Racquet Sports (Ubisoft) (Fall 2010)
  • The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (WB Games Inc.) (Sept. 2010)
  • Brunswick® Pro Bowling (Crave) (Sept. 2010)
  • Resident EviL®5 Gold Edition (Capcom) (Sept. 2010)
  • RUSE (Ubisoft) (Sept. 2010)
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 (Electronic Arts) (Sept. 2010)
  • Time Crisis: Razing Storm (Bandai Namco) (Sept. 2010)
  • Toy Story 3 (Disney) (Sept. 2010)
  • Kung Fu Live (Virtual Air Guitar Company) (Oct. 2010)
  • NBA 2K®11 (2K Sports) (Oct. 2010)
  • Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos (Crave) (Nov. 2010)
  • Disney Tron Evolution the Video Game (Disney) (Nov. 2010)

16 Hard core game's

18 casual games

not quite..

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

joeorc said:
hudsoniscool said:

First-Party Titles

• EyePet™ (Sept. 2010)
  • Tumble (Sept. 2010)
  • The Shoot™ (Oct. 2010)
  • PAIN (Oct. 2010)
  • Killzone®3 (2011)
  • Sorcery (2011)

Third-Party Titles

16 Hard core game's

18 casual games

not quite..

what ever 45% hardcore titles is still to much. i was just trying to show that sony is using the wrong stadegy by making so many hardcore games for move. hardcore games for it wont move any ps3's and when 90% of them are only move optional insead of move required they wont make people buy Move.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
joeorc said:
hudsoniscool said:

First-Party Titles

• EyePet™ (Sept. 2010)
  • Tumble (Sept. 2010)
  • The Shoot™ (Oct. 2010)
  • PAIN (Oct. 2010)
  • Killzone®3 (2011)
  • Sorcery (2011)

Third-Party Titles

16 Hard core game's

18 casual games

not quite..

what ever 45% hardcore titles is still to much. i was just trying to show that sony is using the wrong stadegy by making so many hardcore games for move. hardcore games for it wont move any ps3's and when 90% of them are only move optional insead of move required they wont make people buy Move.

that's not the major drive..it's about making 3rd party Wii only developer's multiplatform!

it does not have to sell like gang buster right off the bat in the short run it just has to in the long run.

remember most of the Hard core game's can be played without the Move!

the move is about adding another control option for Playstation gamer's to use to control their game's like the PC you do not have to use a mouse to control many game's many time's you can use a flight stick or game control pad.

This shows by the Way Move work's that Wii 3rd party developer's only can now have the option to port the very same game to the PS3 will little in the way of a problem. before Wii was the only one with the option for controling game's with this type of controller.

now instead of just one now there are two.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

by making it two

sony now has givin 3rd party's who may have only thought of making their game Wii exclusive the option that they could now also release that very same game now on the PS3..that is a good thing for 3rd party publisher's because they will make more money. use the Wii as the base and port over to the PS3 with higher res textures. and maybe some extra content.

I AM BOLO

ps:

guys when you vote don't forget about the new coke-cola promo with the move, everyone is going to see the move advertised as we all love coke-cola:):)

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1