By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DONKEY KONG COUNTRY Will be back guys!! Who's Excited?!

I hope it's as creative as Donkey Kong Jungle Beat!!! that game was AWESOME! (played the Wii NPC version)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:

Yes, there aren't any problems controlling NyxQuest and Lost Winds, but those games aren't about precision in any way. I don't remember Jungle Beat supporting the analog stick, was that added into the New Play Control version?

I advice you to go play NSMB Wii with the Wiimote/Nunchuk setup. Maybe you'll see what I mean.

I'll grant that Lost Winds doesn't need precision, but NyxQuest?  Arcadia in particular was very much a stop-here-now-get-there-quickly affair.  And yeah, NPC Jungle Beat uses the stick to control DK. 

Nothing in NyxQuest is particularly challenging. The game is also quite lame and has some terrible parts like the stealth level and the tedious final boss. It doesn't surprise me in the least that these new download only 2D platformers aren't catching on. They don't hold a candle to what we got during the 8 and 16 bit days.

Did you play the secret level?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Guys, just wondering if Rambi has been announced yet?

Just see my sig!! :P

RolStoppable said:
theRepublic said:
RolStoppable said:

Nothing in NyxQuest is particularly challenging. The game is also quite lame and has some terrible parts like the stealth level and the tedious final boss. It doesn't surprise me in the least that these new download only 2D platformers aren't catching on. They don't hold a candle to what we got during the 8 and 16 bit days.

Did you play the secret level?

Yes, it sure is harder than the rest of the game, but it doesn't take long to get through it. I think I had more problems with the stupid stealth level, but that's probably because I am an impatient player. Which might also have to do with me being a control freak and stealth parts are taking control away from the player. The game dictates the pace at which you proceed.

That last level is fairly tough, and the analog stick works just fine for that, does it not?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

Around the Network

Used to play it alot on Snes, this is another reason to buy Wii for me.

RolStoppable said:
theRepublic said:
RolStoppable said:

Yes, it sure is harder than the rest of the game, but it doesn't take long to get through it. I think I had more problems with the stupid stealth level, but that's probably because I am an impatient player. Which might also have to do with me being a control freak and stealth parts are taking control away from the player. The game dictates the pace at which you proceed.

That last level is fairly tough, and the analog stick works just fine for that, does it not?

Yes, it does. But at the same time it never requires the same level of precision as a Donkey Kong Country or 2D Mario game. Play NSMB Wii with the Wiimote/Nunchuk setup and then tell me that it's equal to Wiimote only.

Maybe it will have an option for Wiimote only.  Both Lostwinds and NyxQuest needed the IR pointer free, so they had to use the Nunchuck.

Now Playing

Just got my hands-on impressions of the game up.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/preview/45674/donkey-kong-country-returns/80659/

The full game will allow you to hold the remote sideways instead of using remote/nunchuck with a bit of waggle for some of the moves, but the latter is the only option we had for the E3 floor demo.  I honestly didn't think those controls were a big problem.  But given the option, I'd go back to the oldschool controls becuase those are the ones I've already MASTERED.

It looks fun very fun...I just hope they won't semplify it too much to make it appealing to casuals (like they did with NSMBW), the bastard difficulty of the old snes games was one thier coolest features.