Rate the Nintendo Press Conference

0 0 0%

1 17 3.41%

2 10 2.01%

3 26 5.22%

4 124 24.90%

5 321 64.46%

Total:498

I don't understand all the props for DKC.  It's just a 2d game trying to pay off for Nintendo like Super Mario Bros. Wii did last year.  And the same with Kirby.

One of those games, at the least, and preferably, in my opinion, the new Donkey Kong, especially since it's from Retro Studios, should have been more of a retooling of that series more  on Galaxy's magnitude.

I was unimpressed.

Around the Network

So this is a partial list of games coming to Nintendo systems in the upcoming months:

A new Zelda

A new Metroid

A new Donkey Kong

A new Kirby

A new Kid Icarus

A new Star Fox

A new Pilotwings

A new Mario Kart

A new GoldenEye 007

A new Metal Gear Solid

A new Assassin's Creed

A new Resident Evil

A new Street Fighter

A new Batman game

A new Kingdom Hearts

A new Dragon Quest

A new Final Fantasy

A new Just Dance

A new DJ Hero

A new Party game (Wii Party)

A new Mario sports game (Mario Sports Mix)

A new Ninendogs

A new Golden Sun

A new Professor Layton game

A new Saints Row

A new FIFA game

A new Madden NFL game

All major franchises are coming or returning on a Nintendo system in the upcoming months. This plus all other new franchises (Epic Mickey, Last Story, Xenoblade, etc.) 

5/5

Nintendogamer said:

3DS was just amazing especially after I saw all the games coming, paper mario, mario kart, professor laytong ( puzzles in 3D? bring it on).  oh and let's not forget Ocarina of time. 

There are a TON of games coming, including the ones i predicted like Pilotwings, Starfox (not an original version but eh) and Mario Kart (dk if remake or wut). I did guess that Pilotwings might be turned into a Wii Sports Style game, and since its called Pilotwings Resort, and its based Wahu island, i was spot on with my guess.

Go here and click on Nintendo titles for screen caps etc - http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Since I am a HUGE Pikmin fan I guess its because Pikmin 3 wasn't their again I am kind of dissapointed at E3. As I said it was amazing but it doesn't got bolded or underlined like I would do if I liked it alot. I have been waiting 4ever and still no Pikmin.

4 or 5 i would say. They botched the Zelda thing with the impression of wonky controls (which gaming journalists have since refuted with hands-on experience), and Zelda 2011, and not much info on the 3DS in terms of launch (when and how much would have helped), but those were the only flaws.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
infamous23 said:

I don't understand all the props for DKC.  It's just a 2d game trying to pay off for Nintendo like Super Mario Bros. Wii did last year.  And the same with Kirby.

One of those games, at the least, and preferably, in my opinion, the new Donkey Kong, especially since it's from Retro Studios, should have been more of a retooling of that series more  on Galaxy's magnitude.

I was unimpressed.

People are excited about DKC because it's exactly what we wanted and it simply looked amazing. It's not like Nintendo is decieving us into getting hyped for an "unworthy" game in an evil plan to cash on us while we suffer with a dull product.

You have every right to be unimpressed, but it's obvious why it got all the props.

*Sound Of Rain said:

4 out of 5. Would have been a 5 out of 5 easy but 1 thing and 1 thing only was missing... looks at sig...starts to cry...

If -looks up at your signature- isn't announced next year, I'm going to Kyoto personally and complaining.

Pixel Art can be fun.

4/5 Zelda for 2011 and where's vitality sensor?

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Farmageddon said:
infamous23 said:

I was unimpressed.

People are excited about DKC because it's exactly what we wanted and it simply looked amazing. It's not like Nintendo is decieving us into getting hyped for an "unworthy" game in an evil plan to cash on us while we suffer with a dull product.

You have every right to be unimpressed, but it's obvious why it got all the props.

Still the question has to be asked why Nintendo couldn't have been as innovative as they were last year when they had both a 3d platformer and a 2d platformer?  Surely many fans would have liked a new 3d platformer from Nintendo just as much as a new 2d platformer.

infamous23 said:
Farmageddon said:
infamous23 said:

I was unimpressed.

Still the question has to be asked why Nintendo couldn't have been as innovative as they were last year when they had both a 3d platformer and a 2d platformer?  Surely many fans would have liked a new 3d platformer from Nintendo just as much as a new 2d platformer.

I bet more fans are happier we got two 2D platformers instead.

kekeke