By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does inFAMOUS 2 have potential to become GOTY material ?

Does inFAMOUS 2 have potential to become GOTY material ?

WTF ? InFAMOUS 1 was GOTY material ! 11 17.46%

If they improve on inFAMO... 17 26.98%

Not really...I don't see... 16 25.40%

lolwut ? inFAMOUS 1 sucked ! 2 will too ! 3 4.76%

I like cheese. 0 0%

Whos the girl with the bo... 14 22.22%

Total:61

Lets face it, Uncharted 1 wasn't GOTY material...but UC2 improved greatly upon UC1 and became GOTY material...

Similiarly, inFAMOUS was a game loved by a certain group of fans, but it turned off many others.

Do you think the team at Sucker Punch can improve on its sequel to deliver a universally acclaimed game of pure awesomeness ?

What do you think they need to do to achieve that ?

imho, they should improve the variety of the side missions, have more bomblastic set peices, improve the story and give us more things to do in the city.

Around the Network

It's already guarunteed that:

1) There'll be no GoW esque "lose all your powers" thing. We'll get most of our powers back, and we're just going to become even more epic.

2) No black and white, or as I call it, nice or ass hole, choices. There's going to be ambiguity. Ideally I hope they don't even go on to label the choices as good or bad, but just let us decide that ourselves.

3) Some elemental mixups

4) Other people getting powers (probably more powerful versions of the conduits we saw in inFamous. My hope is that there'll be some serious elemental characters who you'll get to decide to team up with, fight against, etc)

5) Bigger boss fights

========================================

They need to fix:

1) Repetitive missions

2) Over all "cheap" quality (maybe impossible, due to it being a sandbox game. But it never felt like a true city with all the stupid civilian AI

3) Replayability (a turf war feature or some onslaught/survival kind of mode will be awesome. Other than that, more serious crimes going on than the occasional mugging or healing).

4) Up the damage a bit, to emphasize both the running and covering part. You need to run and keep climbing to new places to avoid getting flanked and overwhelmed, and you have to run to a smart place, not just to any place. This was the gameplay I loved the most.

=======================================

What they can add:

1) Factional story line. Bring back Moya with the government, push the purification group, push some kind of new age Ray Sphere group. That's where the ambiguity will be, which faction to support? Create memorable elemental characters that you'll get attached to, and then decide if you want to save them, or go with what you feel is right. Basically take a more Deus Ex 2 approach, but with a much better story and execution.

2) Power/elemental mixups. Not creative enough to think of any myself. But using Bioshock as an inspiration is a start.

3) More environmental interactions. Goes hand in hand with 2. Again, bio shock.

I'm gonna go take a shower now.

Excellent post Akvod.

-Fleshing out the story and presenting it in a better way ie. Better cut scenes etc.

-Uping the visuals and improving the diversity of the environment. Empire City was nice, but some different terrain would add some extra entertainment to exploring.

-Mulitplayer. It could be fantastic for a game like this, and would add more replayability.

-Adding more to the environment. Empire city felt alive, so they done a great job in Infamous, but they could expand on this, adding more NPC's more voice actors, more side missions, just more.

Overall I think Infamous 2 may have a chance at being AAA if sucker punch hit all the right areas, which would be fantastic. I'd love to see a similiar jump ala Uncharted 1 to 2 take place.

Excellent post guys...btw, the element akvod is talking about is ice.. it would be cool if you can freeze water and run over it...since water is lethal to cole.

I really think set pieces are going to be necessary for this....thats what made UC2 seem awesome...you know, stuff like the collasping building in Nepal were awesome....

I was torn between the first and last responses, but ended up going with the last one. Seriously, who is that mesmerizing chick?

Around the Network

Um... can we wait to have some proper info about it and see in action, it's a bit early to be calling for game of the year, other than the next Naughty Dog game will be game of the year

Excellent post people xD

- More variety in the missions. ( The first one had alot of repetitive missions so i hope new powers = new missions xD)

- More powers. ( Cole do not have to have different elemental powers just more variants of his lightning abilities )

- Chain Link Climbable ( This thing was annoying since cole couldn't climb it LOL)

- New character models ( Although cole was superbly animated , other characters looked out dated in closeups )

- A bigger city ( Empire city was ok but it was kinda small if compared to other games etc. Just Cause 2 )

- Setpieces that will blow your mind ( Endboss one of the best boss battles ever. More moments like that will be amazing )

And usual stuff like updated graphics and such xD

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Why are we talking about GOTY for a game that hasn't even been announced yet?

gustave154 said:

Excellent post people xD

- More variety in the missions. ( The first one had alot of repetitive missions so i hope new powers = new missions xD)

- More powers. ( Cole do not have to have different elemental powers just more variants of his lightning abilities )

- Chain Link Climbable ( This thing was annoying since cole couldn't climb it LOL)

- New character models ( Although cole was superbly animated , other characters looked out dated in closeups )

- A bigger city ( Empire city was ok but it was kinda small if compared to other games etc. Just Cause 2 )

- Setpieces that will blow your mind ( Endboss one of the best boss battles ever. More moments like that will be amazing )

And usual stuff like updated graphics and such xD

I think it was a decent size, I certainly don't want Just Cause 2 size, because you need a plane to get anywhere in that game

CGI-Quality said:
yo_john117 said:

Why are we talking about GOTY for a game that hasn't even been announced yet?

What?!?! Have you not been following news? This was unvelied already.

To the topic, it's my most anticipated title right now, but we need some proper E3 footage before jumping the gun.

Oh I thought it was just a rumor right now.