By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Ranking (Based on Vgchartz User Review Average)

This is ranking list of ff games according to user reviwes avrge on this website, though it wud be gud to see hw game r doing (only main game included, no remake inclded)

Link to user review ranking of FF game by order:

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=Final Fantasy &keyword=&console=&region=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=User Score

""""""""""""""

Ranking:

1. Final Fantasy VI (SNES) - 9.4/10 (39 people hve voted)

2. Final Fantasy VII (Playstation) - 9.0/10 (97 people have voted)

3. Final Fantasy IX (Playstation) - 8.9/10 (93 people voted)

4. Three Way Tie:

Final Fantasy X (PS2) - 8.6/10 (116 people voted)

Final Fantasy IV (SNES) - 8.6/10 (25 people voted)

Final Fantasy XIII (xbox 360) - 8.6/10 (30 people voted)

5. Two Way Tie:

Final Fantasy VIII (PlayStation) - 8.5/10 (83 people voted)

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) - 8.5/10 (128 people voted)

6. Final Fantasy I (NES) - 8.1/10 (6 people voted = agen nt very accurate, low amount ppl voted)

7. Final Fantasy XII (PS2) - 8.0/10 (92 people voted)

8. Final Fantasy V (SNES) - 7.4/10 (4 people voted = nt vry accurate, low amount ppl voted)

IF u count ffx-2 in the main series it did 7.4/10 with 71 votes

""""""""""""""""""""

Sum awards:

Highest rated avg - FF6 (9.4/10)

Highest critic score avg - FF4 (10/10) - but it hs only 1 review, FF7 would be 2nd

Lowest Critic score avg - FF5 (7.5/10)

Most "overrated" by critics (counted by diffrence in score betwen critic score and user score):

FF4 diffrence of 1.4 points (user score - 8.6, critic score - 10.0)

FF12 diffrence of 1.4 points (user score - 8.0, critic score - 9.4)

Most "underrated" by critics (diffrence between user score and critic score):

FF13 diffrence of 0.5 points (user score - 8.5, critic score - 8.0)

""""""""

Best Playstation FF - FF7

Best SNES FF - FF6

Best PS2 FF - FF10

""""""""

I hop i hve spelt most of it correctly? (som of u hate my spelling) I did this jst as fun to see hw games were doing.

Do u agree with the ranking?

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/browse.php?name=Final Fantasy &keyword=&console=&region=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=User Score

Around the Network

Nice sum up of the user scores

I must admit, i'm not surprised at FFXII's score. With the amount of hate it gets here on the forum, it was to be expected I'm surprised though, that FFXIII didn't go the same way, it gets similar, if not more, amount of hate

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Only thing I notice is that even when you have them tie you just start at the next number, yet what you have as 5th is the 7th because there are 6 games above it.  What you have as 6th should be 9th because there as 8 games before it. Each game after what you have at 6th should have 3 added to it. The games might have the same score but they still are more than one game.

Where is FF2?

It is a bit hard to read what you write.  Might be faster for you to type but it takes us longer to read afterwords.

nice job man, i dont like where ff8 landed, in my opinion its #1 for me. 

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

But but everyone hates Final Fantasy XIII !!!!!11

Sarcasm aside I have played only 3 of those titles, FF13 (loved), FF10 (loved) and FF12 (decent). I don't agree with the direct score given to each title, its on the low end for both FF10 and FF13.

After I finish FF10 the only one I'll have access to is FFX-2, the score puts me down on it, its got lots of votes and still has such a low score compared to the others.

Any recommendations would be great others in this thread.

Around the Network

I cnt get th link to the user review avrg on the gamrreview search thing in the OP. The link goes of the page help pz?

I agree with the top 3 (tho Id go VI, IX, VII).

Very suprised the PS3/360 versions of XIII are that close with 30/128 reviews.  That is just about where I would put them too.  Good job VGchartz, good job.

Yes I was surprised by xbox 360 FF13, knowing VGChartz demographic I was expecting it to be rated down on purpose because it was on xbox 360. Maybe I generalise the site in a wrong way, don't know.

AkibaFan said:

I hop i hve spelt most of it correctly? (som of u hate my spelling)

Almost.. almost... just a few tiny mistakes..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

The Xbox Man said:

Yes I was surprised by xbox 360 FF13, knowing VGChartz demographic I was expecting it to be rated down on purpose because it was on xbox 360. Maybe I generalise the site in a wrong way, don't know.

exactly.  Good to see people not doing that.