By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Ranking (Based on Vgchartz User Review Average)

The Xbox Man said:

Yes I was surprised by xbox 360 FF13, knowing VGChartz demographic I was expecting it to be rated down on purpose because it was on xbox 360. Maybe I generalise the site in a wrong way, don't know.

I think that VGC is one of the best gaming sites in terms of overall forum maturity. It does have it's share of idiocy coming from members, but other than that, it's pretty fair game. 

I'm also glad that people did the fair thing for FFXIII as well

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
The Xbox Man said:

Yes I was surprised by xbox 360 FF13, knowing VGChartz demographic I was expecting it to be rated down on purpose because it was on xbox 360. Maybe I generalise the site in a wrong way, don't know.

I think that VGC is one of the best gaming sites in terms of overall forum maturity. It does have it's share of idiocy coming from members, but other than that, it's pretty fair game. 

Yes its also good to see this.

I read your comment about FF12's score but I would say compared to some of the scathing comments I've seen for it here even an 8 seems very high, and then with FF13 being in line with a few other titles was surprising. Its a simple case of haters making big noise is what I have come to believe now. Which is unfortunate because those titles get a stigma of negativity and hate around them which becomes impossible to lose when in reality that isn't really the case.

Similar situations have been seen with GTA4 and Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion this generation (the latter is hated like its killed someones family member on hardcore RPG forums).

The Xbox Man said:
lestatdark said:
The Xbox Man said:

Yes its also good to see this.

I read your comment about FF12's score but I would say compared to some of the scathing comments I've seen for it here even an 8 seems very high, and then with FF13 being in line with a few other titles was surprising. Its a simple case of haters making big noise is what I have come to believe now. Which is unfortunate because those titles get a stigma of negativity and hate around them which becomes impossible to lose when in reality that isn't really the case.

Similar situations have been seen with GTA4 and Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion this generation (the latter is hated like its killed someones family member on hardcore RPG forums).

That arises due to the stigma that these popular series carry with them. I've seen people who loved Morrowind that absolutely loathe and despise Oblivion, and at the same time, I also know people who have loved Daggerfall who also despise Morrowind. 

Most of the times it's a vicious cycle, perpetuated by closed mentalities that don't comprehend that gaming series have to evolve beyond what previous iterations had done before. 

As for GTA4, I'm not properly a fan of it, as it's my least liked GTA, but I also can see that it has it's own merits and accomplishments, especially by creating one of the most realistic and life-like open worlds ever done in a video game. 

Unfortunately, most people try as hard as possible to disregard any merit of a video game, if they despise it. Same old human mentality "If i'm not happy with it, no one can".

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Ssenkahdavic said:
The Xbox Man said:

exactly.  Good to see people not doing that. 

yes i agree it ws gud to see tht.

Great to see FF6 as #1 again. It deserves every one of those #1 spots on each gaming site that placed it as the best final fantasy of them all.   It is the best RPG EVER!

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Around the Network

I believe that VI is deserving of it's positon, but a WTF at V's critic rating, it it one of my favourite FF games.

@The XBOX man

If you loved X, XII and XIII, prepare to be blown away by IV - VI

MrT-Tar said:

I believe that VI is deserving of it's positon, but a WTF at V's critic rating, it it one of my favourite FF games.

@The XBOX man

If you loved X, XII and XIII, prepare to be blown away by IV - VI

I didn't love 12, I thought it was decent. 10 and 13 were excellent yes. I will probably never be able to play 4 and 6, I sold my Super Nintendo a long time ago.

Mine would be:

Tier 1:

FFVII

FFIX

Tier 2:

FFIV

FFVI

Tier 3:

FFIII

FFVIII

FFV

Tier 4:

FFI

FFII

Tier 5:

FFXIII

FFX

Tier 6:

FFXII

FFXI

If we were to take secondary games into consideration Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy tactics would join FFVII and FFIX in the first tier, and Secret of Mana, Legend of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 would join FFIV and FFVI in the second.

Christian973 said:

Great to see FF6 as #1 again. It deserves every one of those #1 spots on each gaming site that placed it as the best final fantasy of them all.   It is the best RPG EVER!

ff8 is bettr thn ff6.

5 and 12 are too low. What do users know anyway :P