By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Top 50 Seventh Gen Games (all platforms)

Hm. I might make a list of platform exclusives in this vein. It'd definitely be easier to compile...

Around the Network

Western games do not seem to sell unless they are about guns.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Western games do not seem to sell unless they are about guns.

Take it somewhere else. Not in this topic, mon frer.

Halo: Reach tops 8-9mln to the end of this year, and CoD Black Ops tops 20mln.

Boutros said:

Shouldn't CoD4 include the Wii version?

Other than that, good job Kut.

I agree, it's probably not added because the name is slightly different(reflex edition) but it's the same game. And it's pretty significant aswell since adding the 1.18 million sales of the Wii version would move Call of Duty up 2 places.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
Boutros said:

I agree, it's probably not added because the name is slightly different(reflex edition) but it's the same game. And it's pretty significant aswell since adding the 1.18 million sales of the Wii version would move Call of Duty up 2 places.

Yeah, it's down to the name, which is also why I didn't include "All-Play" versions of sports games in the totals. They're marketed differently, so they count differently.

It's kind of esoteric as systems go, but it's consistent.

Khuutra said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Boutros said:

Yeah, it's down to the name, which is also why I didn't include "All-Play" versions of sports games in the totals. They're marketed differently, so they count differently.

I tend to dissagree, since that would mean you shouldn't count the sales of RE5: Gold Edition for example, but those sales are included with those of the original version here on VGChartz.

Same goes for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized(DS). It's Modern Warfare 2 for the DS, it's the same type of game as World at War was, it even shares the same box art as the other versions.

I'm not trying to be negative here btw, i just really like the list and would like to see it as complete as possible.

AnthonyW86 said:
Khuutra said:

I tend to dissagree, since that would mean you shouldn't count the sales of RE5: Gold Edition for example, but those sales are included with those of the original version here on VGChartz.

Same goes for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized(DS). It's Modern Warfare 2 for the DS, it's the same type of game as World at War was, it even shares the same box art as the other versions.

I'm not trying to be negative here btw, i just really like the list and would like to see it as complete as possible.

I wasn't aware that the DS version was named differently.

I'll take this under advisement for the next update.

Great thread Khuutra.  Bookmarked for further updates.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.