By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
SaviorX said:

I'm in the process of creating ONE thread that would serve as a very large archive of Wii hate over the years. I would post what I have now, but it would fill up a full two pages of this thread.

Now to stay on-topic: 3rd parties are claiming that such and such games doesn't sell on the console even though they have never made any.Wii Games they laughably claim stand up to high-budget efforts on other consoles most often fail, because their appeal and quality is so narrow. Most of these "hardlycore" games utilize very little of what the Wii has to offer, and the values of the Wii (clean interface, accessible gameplay explanations, games with 15 hours of content, and most of all, MOTION CONTROL) are often ignored, sometimes completely.

C'mon, games about bugs, colorless games, on rail shooters with more cutscenes than gameplay, and spin-offs that are less than 10 hours? Who would willingly pay full price for these shams after word gets out about how poor they are? Notice that the Wii games which are actually good, may not be selling 15k every week, but some are rebounding recently, and others had low debuts, but maintain sales for months on end.

I dare anyone, ANYONE to put a Wii game that "flopped" in front of me and prove it wasn't destined to fail.

Next, the Anals. These analysts predicted the Wii bubble would burst, it would become dated, it isn' futureproof, sales will stagnate...etc. All this is done in an effort for 3rd parties to continue praising HD development and infusing within their minds that the Wii doesn't exist. That way, they can conveniently ignore 71 million people they say "fuck you" to every day. These analysts coined the term casual/hardcore. Casual in itself has a negative conotation and it is borderline racism within the gaming community; think about it. The "casuals" are denied tons of things, and treated like second-class. Separate websites are designated for them, gamers themselves who may even have the slightest chance of being seen as a casual are clowned upon. Think about it. Seriously, think about it long and hard.

Then you have King Dingaling Mike Pachter running his mouth off at least twice a week with Wii doom and gloom stories and Successor Rumor-mongering. I have never seen someone try this hard to condemn someone since Tom Sneddon set his sights on Michael Jackson years ago. In the eyes of the industry, Nintendo is never good enough. They can never win in the eyes of any media "professional". The word "professional" itself in this industry is a hilarious joke. There is no professionalism to be found with man children and clueless booth babes more idiotic than the Youtube Annoying Orange (Morgan Webb, kiss my ass).

*sigh* I knew this was gonna happen, but screw it. Looking back at when I join VGChartz, I have become disgruntled. The industry I loved to know more about is revealed to be a bunch of assholes. Knowledge does bring you sorrow sometimes.

This is a very good and truthful comment. You have basically nailed every aspect of what is wrong with the gaming industry.

Around the Network
trestres said:

It was clear since 2008, considering every console was getting many more games than the Wii and the constant negative comments from the third parties. We've seen this coming from a mile. It's just now that it hurts the most because when Nintendo will be having its best year, third parties decided simultaneously that Wii was not worth it anymor  but were afraid to say it so during previous years in case any of their cheap and terrible games became a hit. Even with Nintendo's willingness to work with them, they still want Nintendo to disappear and let them work in peace. It's as if they are in an obligation to support Nintendo's consoles and then aim to fail to prove investors wrong and say that Nintendo machines defy logic and that a huge userbase means shit and that its only Nintendo games that sell.

Bring your next home console already Nintendo and lets see if third parties go by their word. Nintendo is doomed this gen to receive 3rd party games, not gonna happen. Or keep on releasing 1st party games, buy tons of teams and try to get the third parties bankrupt, should be funny to see.

uhm.. actually the Wii gets the most games, it's just that it has a way higher proportion of low budget productions to mid/high budget than the other 2 home consoles

3rd parties see Nintendo games selling millions each month, and then wonder why their own games can't sell that many. Rather than trying to actually find a reason why that is, or attempt to change it, they lash out against anyone they can, the main target being Nintendo...

It really is that simple.

VGChartz

Metallicube said:
PhalanxCO said:

What is this an English essay?

That was what I really believe to be true.

It was supposed to be an image on someone hitting a nail on the head.

MichaelH said:

Why does everybody seem to indulge in the false argument that, in order to make your console of choice seem good, it is necessary to belittle the competition? This true of the proponents of each of the consoles this generation.

There are posters here who, in every other respect, seem to be intelligent and articulate but who feel the need to descend to puerile name calling when discussions about the merits, or otherwise, of the various consoles arise.

Such neediness is both sad and unbecoming.

Because in general, people are assholes.

Around the Network

Wait what was actually said?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Basically the whole industry is made up of devs who don't know how to run their business. They should all be supporting Nintendo and studying their market space, but instead they're on the HD consoles losing millions.

It's a pity only internet posters can see this.

Dallinor said:

Basically the whole industry is made up of devs who don't know how to run their business. They should all be supporting Nintendo and studying their market space, but instead they're on the HD consoles losing millions.

It's a pity only internet posters can see this.

Sounds more like a bunch of butt hurt fans making a bunch of statements filled with hyperbole

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Sega and risisng star(xseed in america) are probably the only companies trying their best on the wii.

Rising Star- No More Heroes 1&2,Little Kings Story,Fragile Dreams,Muramasa,Ju-on the Grudge(i liked it),Harvest moon,Rune Factory,Baroque,Bomberman,Rygar,Super Swing Golf,valhalla knights and sky crawlers.All good games in my Opinion.

Sega-Mario and Sonic 1&2,Conduit,House of the dead 2&3,Overkill,Sonic Unleashed,Zero Gravity,Black knight,secret Rings,Ghost Squad,Madworld,Shiren the wanderer,Nights,Lets Tap,Sega Superstars Racing,Tennis,Super Monkey Ball,Samba de Amigo and bleach.

Rising Star has had very succesful sales compared to what they used to have.Sega Have made a ton of money.

When you think of it, Nintendo should aim to at least buy a significant amount of shares off some of the main developers, or make even more good second parties.

At least this gives them some more leverage with the gamer games, kind of like Rare in the N64 days.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here