By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Virtual Console a must?

Is Virtual Console a must?

Yes 39 75.00%

No 13 25.00%

Total:52

With the 3DS set to be announced next week I was wondering just how important is Virtual Console to consumers and will it be a make or break for the 3DS. I myself am very exited at the prospects of buying classic games from the GB and GBC era's and heck even GBA games are what I'm really looking forward too.

But for me Virtual Console is not a must, its a luxory I want but the purchase of 3DS is going to happen regardless. I really want to see Virtual Console titles from GameGear, NeoGeoPocket, Gizmodo, N-Gage or maybe even WonderSwan. Since I never owned any of those handhelds.

So how important is Virtual Console to you? Is it a must for 3DS?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

I doubt most people would even be aware of the VC when they purchase a 3DS

For me, I will buy a 3DS regardless, but one would be much appreciated.  I missed a lot of original GB games around first time so I would be willing to download quite a few.

Given SEGA's support for the Wii VC, I'm sure about Game Gear games being included.  I don't think Namco Bandai have released any games on the Wii VC so I would expect Wonderswan games.

Yes, defintely. I have Sonic 2, Super Metroid, Mario Kart 64, Zelda OOT, MegaMan 2, Zelda LTTP, Super Smash Bros, Super Mario World, and I think a few others. I was about 4 years old when many of these games came out, so Virtual Console has opened a whole new world for me.

I wonder if 3DS will have a handheld virtual console, like it would have games for the Game Boy and Gameboy Color. That would be awesome! I could play Pokemon Blue all over again!! (I don't like resetting).

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Not a MUST.   But it would definitely be a great selling feature and would without doubt make Nintendo a lot of mulla

It's not a must, but a handheld virtual console with a back catalogue from the gameboy series and all its rivals would be nice.

VGChartz

Around the Network

I'd LOVE a handheld virtual console, it's be really cool imo

maybe even have some older console games that the system would be able to run, like everything before the N64 (or newer depending on the specsof the thing)

Not a must, but being able to download classics such as Zelda: Link's Awakening, the Oracle games and Minish Cap, Metroid II, Super Mario Land, The GBA Fire emblems and more would be great.

What would be truly great is if Nintendo made it possible to play your Wii VC games on the 3DS!!! My God, it would be awsome!

For me, it isn't a must have thing.  I pretty much have all the past games for stuff like GB and other handheld consoles I would really want.  However, I can see how other people would want it.

What people need to understand however is, there's no possible way ALL the games they want can be put onto a virtual service.  There's too many legal loopholes or companies who just won't cooperate.  Remember Goldeneye 007?  Mischief Makers?  How about the Dragon Warrior titles?  See....the same thing will happen with the HUGE catolog of GB games on a similar 3DS service.  The major Nintendo games will get ported...and we'll never see the likes of games like Final Fantasy Legend II, Dragon Warrior Monsters or Donkey Kong Land due to legal battles and companies never wanting to port them.

In the end, its always better to just go and buy the physical games if you want them.  Ebay is the real Virtual Console.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

It's not a must-have. Without the original Virtual console, I never would've played ActRaiser, though, so I'd love a Virtual Console on the 3DS.

it would kind of be a must for me, but only becuase i dpn't give a rat's %^%^ about 3d

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.