By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Toy Story 3 Review Thread! (And give us YOUR review too!)

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/toy_story_3/

So I know rottentomatoes.com is not the ultimate truth but it's a good indication of how good a movie is.

Reviews Counted: 225

Fresh: 222

Rotten: 3

99%

If we look at Toy Story and Toy Story 2, they both have 100% fresh reviews. That's very very rare. It shows how awesome the first two movies were.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/toy_story/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/toy_story_2/

That means Toy Story 3 is under HUGE pressure!

But that's ok because I'm sure Pixar can do it again.

Now this thread is also about your appreciation of the movie. Have you seen it? Will you see it? How did you like it? Is it better than the two previous movies? You tell us!

Around the Network

"Woody, Buzz and playmates make a thoroughly engaging, emotionally satisfying return."

"This tertiary adventure delivers welcome yet nonessential fun, landing well after its creators have grown up and succeeded toying with more sophisticated stories."

The two first reviews are very positive and they come from Top Critics (whatever that means lol)!

CAN'T WAIT

Its Pixar they always deliver!

The story seems more mature this time from one of the trailers I saw, hopefully it'll appeal to everyone like the old ones did.

I won't be able to see it for a while though (after the 28th due to exams).

Best of luck to the movie

@Boutros

Can we use this thread to make BOX OFFICE PRedictions?!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Ehh.... I dunno about this movie.

The jokes in the commercials seem to be Dreamwork quality...

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

darthdevidem01 said:

CAN'T WAIT

The story seems more mature this time from one of the trailers I saw, hopefully it'll appeal to everyone like the old ones did.

@Boutros

Of cooouurse!

What would be your predicition? I personally have no idea lol

Around the Network
dtewi said:

Ehh.... I dunno about this movie.

The jokes in the commercials seem to be Dreamwork quality...

You mean Dreamworks? The company behind Shrek, Shrek 2, Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon? I don't see a problem here. Shrek 2 is the funniest animation movie I have ever seen.

Have you seen Toy Story and Toy Story 2? They were awesome movies but they were not meant to be funny all the time.

Boutros said:

You mean Dreamworks? The company behind Shrek, Shrek 2, Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon? I don't see a problem here. Shrek 2 is the funniest animation movie I have ever seen.

Have you seen Toy Story and Toy Story 2? They were awesome movies but they were not meant to be funny all the time.

I mean Dreamworks, the company behind Shrek 3, Kung Fu Panda, Over the Hedge, Madagascar 2, A Bee Movie, Shark Tale, and Flushed Away.

Dreamworks is on the lower tier of quality.

There are so... so... so... many cliches in each movie and some of the cheesiest and least funny moments I've ever heard.

Barbie: "Nice ascot!"

Haha......

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Boutros said:
darthdevidem01 said:

CAN'T WAIT

@Boutros

Of cooouurse!

What would be your predicition? I personally have no idea lol

WEll lets start off by seein what Parts 1 and 2 did

{goes to boxofficemojo}

Toy Story 1 did $361 Million Worldwide

Toy Story 2 did $485 Million Worldwide

I'm not sure what they would be counting inflation but I think its safe to say both would be over $500 Million.

Toy Story 3 is being released in 3D at the Imax too so it can gross more. I think it will outgross both part 1 and 2.

My prediction right now is around $700 Million or more.

Whats yours? (lol this is subject to change)

dtewi said:
Boutros said:

I mean Dreamworks, the company behind Shrek 3, Kung Fu Panda, Over the Hedge, Madagascar 2, A Bee Movie, Shark Tale, and Flushed Away.

There are so... so... so... many cliches in each movie and some of the cheesiest and least funny moments I've ever heard.

Haha......

If you thought Kung Fu Panda was bad, I think you are the problem, not Dreamworks.

The only other movie I've seen in your list is Shark Tale and I liked it.

Dreamworks is an amazing company.

dtewi said:
Boutros said:

Haha......

So you have a bad sense of humour, oh well.