By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Investors to Microsoft: Drop the Xbox

Ghazi4 said:
Garnett said:
FootballFan said:
Garnett said:
Tanstalas said:
Mad55 said:

i agree very foolish investors are crazy ah well its all about the money. Though  i doubt they drop out of the console race  anytime soon.

Yeah, only lost 8 billion... crazy investors :P

Xbox is making money now, and with the Slim its gonna be making even more money.

Confirmation link?

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/20346/Xbox-Division-Records-Second-Profitable-Year-in-a-Row/

"Microsoft released today its financial results for the fourth quarter and full fiscal year. Even if the Entertainment & Devices Division (which includes the Xbox, Zune, Windows-based PC and online games and services, Mediaroom and the Surface computing platform) saw its revenues down in the fourth quarter, the division recorded its second straight year of profitability and mostly thanks to the Xbox business."

Xbox 360 FTW!!!

that wont make up for the 8 billion in losses 

Where are people getting this 8 billion figure from? That's completely incorrect.

Around the Network
phinch1 said:
Garnett said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Garnett said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Garnett said:
Tanstalas said:
Mad55 said:

i agree very foolish investors are crazy ah well its all about the money. Though  i doubt they drop out of the console race  anytime soon.

Xbox is making money now, and with the Slim its gonna be making even more money.

not really that much more

slim will make profit for MS but they investing in exclusivity takes lot out too

also they will cut price too this fall so not that much

Profit is profit, and more profit is better.

MS hasnt bought any exclusives since GTA Liberty City stories, and who says the Xbox will get a price cut?

YOU think FF13 just came like that,MW2 extras came like that.XBLA games and other things come just like that

profit is profit but they need to make more to cover their loses cause this way its gonna take alot of time

The only thing MS might of paid for concering FF13 is free advertising.

XBL has what? Maybe a week or two headstart on the map packs? IW could be thankful that MS promots their game on the dashboard, so they get it a week or two early.

If Natal is a game changer, like MS hopes it will then im sure Xbox will stay in second place.

wow. downplay and denial at its finest

the map packs for codmw2 both times  have come out on XBL 1 month before PSN, ill be dammed if thats due to being thankfull for promoting it on the dash, and I dont see how you can even think FF13 went multiplatform because microsoft offered free advertising....Its all down to microsoft throwing money around

Why would SE keep FF13 exclusive to the PS3? The 360 has a larger user base and a high install rate. The only reason they could keep FF13 exclusive is to keep the internet nerds who spend their lives on JRPG (Im not talking bad about JPRG nor RPG in general).

Project Natal might fail but i dont see microsoft leaving the race you would have to be crazy to think that they will.

Hephaestos said:

i'm sorry but who are the investors in question here? the board of MS holds most of the stock and I doubt any major shareholder needs to be in an article to get their points heard by MS...

Also this article is ignorant to the notion of sunk cost. you make strategic planning on the future gains, not on the past losses (all you do for that is fire executives). Xbox is profiatable -> article is retarded.

Actually in the past view weeks, you see the stock price falling for the Microsoft (one reason why Apple now has a higher market cap) and this happened because of the Xbox Entertainment Department not showing any real growth. (mostly regarding mobile phone OS and microsoft's zune.)

Investors are not looking at costs, they are looking at growth potiential and really the Entertainment brand doesn't seem to have that much flare.

Garnett said:
phinch1 said:
Garnett said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Garnett said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Garnett said:
Tanstalas said:
Mad55 said:

not really that much more

slim will make profit for MS but they investing in exclusivity takes lot out too

also they will cut price too this fall so not that much

Profit is profit, and more profit is better.

MS hasnt bought any exclusives since GTA Liberty City stories, and who says the Xbox will get a price cut?

YOU think FF13 just came like that,MW2 extras came like that.XBLA games and other things come just like that

profit is profit but they need to make more to cover their loses cause this way its gonna take alot of time

The only thing MS might of paid for concering FF13 is free advertising.

XBL has what? Maybe a week or two headstart on the map packs? IW could be thankful that MS promots their game on the dashboard, so they get it a week or two early.

If Natal is a game changer, like MS hopes it will then im sure Xbox will stay in second place.

wow. downplay and denial at its finest

the map packs for codmw2 both times  have come out on XBL 1 month before PSN, ill be dammed if thats due to being thankfull for promoting it on the dash, and I dont see how you can even think FF13 went multiplatform because microsoft offered free advertising....Its all down to microsoft throwing money around

Why would SE keep FF13 exclusive to the PS3? The 360 has a larger user base and a high install rate. The only reason they could keep FF13 exclusive is to keep the internet nerds who spend their lives on JRPG (Im not talking bad about JPRG nor RPG in general).

Nintendo has the highest userbase but still non-Nintendo games don't sell that well

also FF was associated with PS SONY for a long time

exclusivity creates more hype,publicity and more sales

advertising on PS3 would have also increased PS3's sales

and that larger userbase does necessarily mean more sales

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Hephaestos said:

i'm sorry but who are the investors in question here? the board of MS holds most of the stock and I doubt any major shareholder needs to be in an article to get their points heard by MS...

Also this article is ignorant to the notion of sunk cost. you make strategic planning on the future gains, not on the past losses (all you do for that is fire executives). Xbox is profiatable -> article is retarded.

Actually in the past view weeks, you see the stock price falling for the Microsoft (one reason why Apple now has a higher market cap) and this happened because of the Xbox Entertainment Department not showing any real growth. (mostly regarding mobile phone OS and microsoft's zune.)

Investors are not looking at costs, they are looking at growth potiential and really the Entertainment brand doesn't seem to have that much flare.

• MS shares are up YoY
  • The bolded part is not 100% true. You think the Windows division has more growth potential? They already have a market share of 90%. There really is not much more growth potential without expanding computers worldwide.
  • The EDD has an insane potential. There is no reason why the next Xbox can't be as successful as the Wii or the Windows Mobile 7 series won't be a great success or even a gaming platform like the DS. I mean, why not? Imagine how huge MS would get with a EDD division as big and profitable as Ninentendo is now.
  • The biggest potential surely is Xbox Live. More than 23 million members, 60% of them paying $50 per year is serious business. 700 million USD per year really is a market you can work with. Think about it, in this generation MS will make 1 billion USD per year just with XBL fees. And with more Xbox 360s sold and with more XBL users the marketing aspect will grow rapidly. And XBL is a social network MS owns 100%. The XBL integration on Windows Mobile phones really is a plus. Same for the Zune marketplace. There is a lot of potential.

This is no trolling, but the PS3 was a financial nightmare. It really was and is. It might be a great console with great games, but just looking at the financials, it was a flop. Same for the PSP Go btw. So as long as Sony stays in this business, there is no need to believe MS will leave.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

If they had to choose, they should scrap their Windows Mobile phone section.  The Zune and Xbox are becoming very good and solid brands which are bringing in the profits now.

If Project Natal does not result in a reinvigoration of Xbox 360 sales ... OR

If Project Natal does not sell well as a stand alone ... OR

If the Xbox 360 Slim does not increase sales ... OR

If the Xbox 360 Slim is sold at a loss and does not substantially increase software sales ...

Then we will hear more from investors about this.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

are you talking out of your ass?

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

nightsurge said:

If they had to choose, they should scrap their Windows Mobile phone section.  The Zune and Xbox are becoming very good and solid brands which are bringing in the profits now.

i like WINDOWS series 7 platform

but it will  have some tough competition with all the major mobile companies coming forward and developing ANDROID