By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why people are overestimating the Wii's life time sales

MontanaHatchet said:
endurance said:
MontanaHatchet said:
endurance said:
windbane said:
TheBigFatJ said:

(5) Tons of third party support has been shifting to the Wii.

Someone please tell me what these third party games are, because nearly all of the big titles being announced are still PS3/360 (and sometimes PC) games. Monster Hunter 3 might be the only 1. Every other game seems to be a side project or mini-game collection. Now, if you think that represents a massive shift, then I guess you are entitled to that opinion.

most of the big PS3/360 game announced were in development before devs knew the wiis succes

Then why don't they just port it to the Wii?

becasue theres a big difference in hardware

Then they would have never put the big games like Resident Evil 5 on the Wii even if they knew it would be successful.

thats not entirely true,if it was monster hunter would of never come to wii,fatal frame would of also never come to wii,even okami would of never come to wii

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
PS-She said:
Sri Lumpa said:

True, but conversely there will be plenty of games that can only be made in the Wii because of the Wiimote, or that would be much better with it. I am sure that if RE5 or another RE4 style RE game came to the Wii that it would be more successful than RE5 on either 360 or PS3 and possibly do better than both combined due to the superior controls (plus the RE series already proved itself on the Wii whereas it hasn't done so on the PS3 or 360).

More successful maybe, but a better game definitely not. For all the stuff the Wiimote does, the Wii is still a large step down from the PS3 or even the 360.

Not in terms of gameplay, just in terms of graphics, SMG is still the best game on any of the three consoles at the moment, not because of graphics, but because of gameplay

Personally, SMG isnt the best game on the 3 consoles. Its very good, but I was put off by its simplicity and how quickly the majority of levels seem to be finished.

If SMG was on the 360/PS3, it'd still be as good, but with superior graphics and sound. So while the "wiimote" adds all this innovation, its still a game that doesnt really invoke that much use of the Wiimote thats claimed to be the best. 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

endurance said:
MontanaHatchet said:
endurance said:
MontanaHatchet said:
endurance said:
windbane said:
TheBigFatJ said:

Someone please tell me what these third party games are, because nearly all of the big titles being announced are still PS3/360 (and sometimes PC) games. Monster Hunter 3 might be the only 1. Every other game seems to be a side project or mini-game collection. Now, if you think that represents a massive shift, then I guess you are entitled to that opinion.

most of the big PS3/360 game announced were in development before devs knew the wiis succes

Then they would have never put the big games like Resident Evil 5 on the Wii even if they knew it would be successful.

thats not entirely true,if it was monster hunter would of never come to wii,fatal frame would of also never come to wii,even okami would of never come to wii

With the exception of Okami, those games are very Japanese focused.

That being said, if games like Resident Evil 5 could only be on one platform (Wii) instead of two (PS3 and 360), most developers would not make it for the Wii. 

Bladeneo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
PS-She said:
Sri Lumpa said:

True, but conversely there will be plenty of games that can only be made in the Wii because of the Wiimote, or that would be much better with it. I am sure that if RE5 or another RE4 style RE game came to the Wii that it would be more successful than RE5 on either 360 or PS3 and possibly do better than both combined due to the superior controls (plus the RE series already proved itself on the Wii whereas it hasn't done so on the PS3 or 360).

More successful maybe, but a better game definitely not. For all the stuff the Wiimote does, the Wii is still a large step down from the PS3 or even the 360.

Not in terms of gameplay, just in terms of graphics, SMG is still the best game on any of the three consoles at the moment, not because of graphics, but because of gameplay

Personally, SMG isnt the best game on the 3 consoles. Its very good, but I was put off by its simplicity and how quickly the majority of levels seem to be finished.

If SMG was on the 360/PS3, it'd still be as good, but with superior graphics and sound. So while the "wiimote" adds all this innovation, its still a game that doesnt really invoke that much use of the Wiimote thats claimed to be the best. 

actually the wii-mote makes the game funner

MontanaHatchet said:
endurance said:
MontanaHatchet said:
endurance said:
MontanaHatchet said:
endurance said:
windbane said:
TheBigFatJ said:

With the exception of Okami, those games are very Japanese focused.

That being said, if games like Resident Evil 5 could only be on one platform (Wii) instead of two (PS3 and 360), most developers would not make it for the Wii. 

yeah they are japanese oriented but they are being released on wii because of its japanese succes,so thats why some third parties are really starting to show support especially capcom

Around the Network

What's with all the "Everyone I know who owns a Wii never plays it anymore posts"?

That's probably just garbage someone made up, or left over talk from September to November.

I know I wasn't playing mine a whole lot during that time frame. There wasn't a whole lot of good games to start with, however the biggeest reason I wasn't playing mine was my schedule.

School started back up and I had Physics 251, Caluculus 1; and Chemistry 141 to study for. I didn't have time to play it.

Just because somebody you know said they don't play it much doesn't mean they aren't playing it because they don't like the console.

rasone77 said:
What's with all the "Everyone I know who owns a Wii never plays it anymore posts"?

That's probably just garbage someone made up, or left over talk from September to November.

I know I wasn't playing mine a whole lot during that time frame. There wasn't a whole lot of good games to start with, however the biggeest reason I wasn't playing mine was my schedule.

School started back up and I had Physics 251, Caluculus 1; and Chemistry 141 to study for. I didn't have time to play it.

Just because somebody you know said they don't play it much doesn't mean they aren't playing it because they don't like the console.

yeah that argument is getting annoying

also if you want i could name some more games:
bully,nights,nitrobike,brothers in arms,sonic riders,rygar,samba de amigo,house of the dead2,3 return,kings story
these are just some games that were announced after the wiis succes

also i forgot to mention star wars the force unleashed

endurance said:
rasone77 said:

yeah that argument is getting annoying

Yeah.