By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why people are overestimating the Wii's life time sales

HappySqurriel said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
PS-She said:
Sri Lumpa said:

True, but conversely there will be plenty of games that can only be made in the Wii because of the Wiimote, or that would be much better with it. I am sure that if RE5 or another RE4 style RE game came to the Wii that it would be more successful than RE5 on either 360 or PS3 and possibly do better than both combined due to the superior controls (plus the RE series already proved itself on the Wii whereas it hasn't done so on the PS3 or 360).

More successful maybe, but a better game definitely not. For all the stuff the Wiimote does, the Wii is still a large step down from the PS3 or even the 360.

Not in terms of gameplay, just in terms of graphics, SMG is still the best game on any of the three consoles at the moment, not because of graphics, but because of gameplay

Don't forget that (pretty much) everyone praised Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition because of how much of an improvement the controll scheme was over the Gamecube version ...

Graphics are a part of it. Sound is another part of it. Even content (which depending on the type may not actually take up that much disk space) is a part of it.  All of those could be better done on the PS3 with BluRay.

Aside from the Wii's IR controls, the system has nothing going for it. Pretty much everything that doesn't strictly depend on it could be better done on the PS3. I'm betting a lot of the IR stuff could be redone for a regular controller too.

Super Mario Galaxy may be a great game, but it is not great because it is on the Wii.

Around the Network

Seriously, I love PS-She.

She brings some entertaining variety.

PS-She said:
Super Mario Galaxy may be a great game, but it is not great because it is on the Wii.

This sentence may make sense, but it does not make sense because you said it.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

PS-She said:
HappySqurriel said:

Don't forget that (pretty much) everyone praised Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition because of how much of an improvement the controll scheme was over the Gamecube version ...

Graphics are a part of it. Sound is another part of it. Even content (which depending on the type may not actually take up that much disk space) is a part of it.  All of those could be better done on the PS3 with BluRay.

Aside from the Wii's IR controls, the system has nothing going for it. Pretty much everything that doesn't strictly depend on it could be better done on the PS3. I'm betting a lot of the IR stuff could be redone for a regular controller too.

Generally speaking, a game is considered good or bad based on its core-gameplay experience; improved sound and graphics are nice but they do not make a game good. Certainly, the PS3 and XBox 360 can emulate some of the features of the Wiimote much like they have emulated a Keyboard-Mouse set up in FPS for years (read: Not Well).

Resident Evil 4 Wii edition was better than Resident Evil 4 because the Wii controls improved the core gameplay; Resident Evil 5 will likely just copy the core gameplay of Resident Evil 4 but improve the graphics, which means the game will not be improved.

Around the Network
TheBigFatJ said:

(5) Tons of third party support has been shifting to the Wii.

Someone please tell me what these third party games are, because nearly all of the big titles being announced are still PS3/360 (and sometimes PC) games.  Monster Hunter 3 might be the only 1.  Every other game seems to be a side project or mini-game collection.  Now, if you think that represents a massive shift, then I guess you are entitled to that opinion.

windbane said:
TheBigFatJ said:

Someone please tell me what these third party games are, because nearly all of the big titles being announced are still PS3/360 (and sometimes PC) games.  Monster Hunter 3 might be the only 1.  Every other game seems to be a side project or mini-game collection.  Now, if you think that represents a massive shift, then I guess you are entitled to that opinion.

most of the big PS3/360 game announced were in development before devs knew the wiis succes

endurance said:
windbane said:
TheBigFatJ said:

Someone please tell me what these third party games are, because nearly all of the big titles being announced are still PS3/360 (and sometimes PC) games. Monster Hunter 3 might be the only 1. Every other game seems to be a side project or mini-game collection. Now, if you think that represents a massive shift, then I guess you are entitled to that opinion.

most of the big PS3/360 game announced were in development before devs knew the wiis succes

Then why don't they just port it to the Wii?

MontanaHatchet said:
endurance said:
windbane said:
TheBigFatJ said:

Someone please tell me what these third party games are, because nearly all of the big titles being announced are still PS3/360 (and sometimes PC) games. Monster Hunter 3 might be the only 1. Every other game seems to be a side project or mini-game collection. Now, if you think that represents a massive shift, then I guess you are entitled to that opinion.

becasue theres a big difference in hardware

endurance said:
MontanaHatchet said:
endurance said:
windbane said:
TheBigFatJ said:

becasue theres a big difference in hardware

Then they would have never put the big games like Resident Evil 5 on the Wii even if they knew it would be successful.