By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Videogame FACTS that BLOW your mind! (Post some you know)

nm

Around the Network
L1nkToTheFuture said:
Porcupine_I said:
L1nkToTheFuture said:

Mega Man is known as Rock Man in Japan. This was changed for everywhere else because 'rock' is slang for crack cocaine, and the name stuck i guess.

OMG Mario n Snake !!!

And the Amiga-Game "Vixen" was renamed in Germany to "She-Fox" because "Vixen" sounds like a certain German slang word

Out of curiosity, what german slang word does 'vixen' sound like ?

@ Mysticwolf, Join the club :D

http://quickdic.org/index_e.html Click the link, type the letters  w i c h s e and n, press enter and you know why I chose THAT dictionary.

In Japan, there's a Sony cat... A CAT!!! That blew my mind

Also,

This thing is actually a turtle, and it will die.

patapon said:

In Japan, there's a Sony cat... A CAT!!! That blew my mind

Also,

http://www.tfmx.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/thelastgurdian.jpg" alt="" width="421" height="236" />

This thing is actually a turtle, and it will die.

Is it a Copy Cat? haha

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

In America we call that a Copy Cat haha...just kidding.

Hmm, my post got screwed up.

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

Around the Network

Wow you broke the thread

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

Wow you broke the thread

I tend to break things. I deeply apologize.

Super Mario 64 was a documentary, you had this guy followinf you all the time

LuStaysTru said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Wow you broke the thread

I tend to break things. I deeply apologize.

lol its kay we'r near 50 posts anyway

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The TriForce was supposed to be physically attained in OOT, and the Medallions were supposed to be usable with a different magical spell each.

Resident Evil 4 was supposed to take place in a mansion with ghosts, keeping the classic RE1 camera style.

Lionhead Studios was making a GameCube game 6 years ago that mysteriously got cancelled, after being on the cover of Edge Magazine nonetheless.

Madworld was supposed to have some yellow in it, as opposed to strictly white and black.

There was a Red Faction Wii planned, but THQ cancelled it after the failure of Deadly Creatures.

A Saints Row Wii was coming, but was cancelled due to porting problems.

Although released in late December of 07 (in Japan), all the characters in Super Smash Brothers Brawl were fully designed and completed by E3 2006

80% of the music for Pokemon Red/Blue was finished in 1992. The game was put on hold for years after originating in 1990.

Grand Theft Auto was supposed to be a Nintendo exclusive of sorts. Rockstar (then DMA Design) was being prepped by Nintendo to serve as proteges. Somehow, GTA3 never made it to the GC.

This info needs a whole page by itself:

Planning sessions for Final Fantasy VII began in 1994 after the release of Final Fantasy VI. At the time, the game was planned to be another 2D project for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Series creator Hironobu Sakaguchi intended the story to take place in modern New York City in the year 1999. Several of the staff members were working in parallel on Chrono Trigger, and development for Final Fantasy VII was interrupted when the other project became important enough to require the help of Yoshinori Kitase and other designers.

A rumor taken from Gamefan vol. 3 March 1995 says that the Super Famicom version of Final Fantasy VII was going to use a Donkey Kong Country-style SGI graphics and the game was suppose to be on a 64 Megabits cartridge ( 8 MB ).

Some of the ideas originally considered for Final Fantasy VII ended up in Chrono Trigger instead. Other ideas, such as the New York setting and the sorceress character Edea, were kept unused until the later projects Parasite Eve and Final Fantasy VIII respectively. The original script of Final Fantasy VII, which was written by Sakaguchi, was completely different from the finished product. Tetsuya Nomura recalled how Sakaguchi “wanted to do something like a detective story”. The first part of the story involved a character named “Hot Blooded Detective Joe” who was in pursuit of the main characters. The main characters managed to blow up the city of Midgar, which had already been developed for the story.

Development of Final Fantasy VII resumed in late 1995, and required the efforts of approximately 120 artists and programmers, using PowerAnimator and Softimage|3D software and a budget of more than US$30 million. Final Fantasy VI’s co-director and scenario writer, Kitase, returned to direct and co-write Final Fantasy VII and was concerned the franchise might be left behind if it did not catch up to the 3D computer graphics used in other games at the time. Production began after the making of a short, experimental tech demo called “Final Fantasy SGI” for Silicon Graphics, Inc. Onyx workstations. The demo featured polygon-based 3D renderings of characters from Final Fantasy VI in a real time battle.

In these early screens from the game, we can see some interesting differences, especially in the design of the characters and in the graphic style (less definite than the final version).  Notice some of these differences:

• First what’s with the Names on top of the screen? I though they were just names but it appears those are on the status bar too.
  • Also Barret in the first few screens, is much taller than he should be.
  • Also Barret uses Hammerblow as a regular attack, maybe at one point in development he only used his gun for limit breaks.
  • When the close up on the character models is shown all Characters and summons lack eyes.
  • Red XIII is shown, but He wasn’t supposed to be a playable character at that point( It was originally just supposed to be Cloud, Barret and, Aeris) but he has a high-res model so maybe he was a boss or a summon.
  • And instead of having Portraits they have actually sprites.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."