By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Videogame FACTS that BLOW your mind! (Post some you know)

Around the Network
lightbleeder said:

Super Mario 64 was a documentary, you had this guy followinf you all the time

Hahaha, damn I can't believe I forgot about him.  I haven't played it since the DS came out.  I guess Mario wanted to break in the 3rd dimension with a real adventure instead of movie magic.

lol, the thread broke for awile... Toro strikes again!!!

SaviorX said:

Madworld was supposed to have some yellow in it, as opposed to strictly white and black.

I see some yellow.

There's always red everywhere for blood, and even green for alien blood.

FFX was meant to have a ONLINE mode!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72vckLXI7x4

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Mr. Fister said:

You know Bowser's laugh from Super Mario 64?

You know Boo's laugh from Super Mario 64?

Guess what you get if you take Bowser's laugh and speed it way up.

Proceed to crap bricks.

Like the case of the cloud and bushes from SMB, it is a case where you reuse resources to save on space.

trangentspree said:
miz1q2w3e said:

nintendo were lazy, even back then! :-O

Awesome video, calm and with a little humor at the end

Sequel I want the most :

Patapon 3 , Elite beat Agent 2 , ROTK 12 , Mother 4, Legend of legaia      3, Resident Evil outbreak 3.

Favorite Youtube poop        McDonnald                 Morshu              

Here are some others:

* Super Mario Bros. 2 is actually another game that was released in Japan called "Dream Factory".  You can hit Wikipedia for more info on this.

* Irata, the world the game M.U.L.E takes place in is "Atari" spelled backwards.

* Atari was in negotiations with the company called "Amiga" to buy their system, but they broke down.  Commodore stepped in and acquired the Amiga computer and called it Amiga.  Jack Tramiel took over Atari and brought the design Commodore had and Atari released it as the "ST" system.

* Atari was sued over the arcade game Gauntlet, but someone who did another game for the Atari 8bit computer called, "Dandy Dungeon" which was argued to be the inspiration for Gauntlet, and wasn't credited for this.  Atari published Dandy Dungeon as part of its "Atari Program Exchange" (APEX).  To get what APEX was like, Microsoft's Indie Games as part of the XBox 360 is like APEX was, except the Indie games is more game focused.  Multiple other games of note on the Atari 8bit computer came through APEX.

* The original XBox was originally designed to be videogame system completely compatible with the PC.  The developers of the XBox system fought to make it its own platform independent of PCs, and argued against Bill Gates to do this.

* The NES was offered to Atari to distribute in the United States, but Atari refused the offer.

* Naughty Dog, working on the Genesis stuck a nude picture of a blonde woman in the title screen of the game Rings of Power that was released for the Genesis.  This picture is accessible by a special code players entered.

* The Master System featured a built in maze game, which had a snail you used to navigate to the end of the maze.

* The arcade version of NBA Jam featured a build in mini-3D Tank game in it, that was accessible through manipulation of the controllers and buttons.  It was a bit like Battlezone.

This is it for now....

okr said:
L1nkToTheFuture said:
Porcupine_I said:
L1nkToTheFuture said:

Mega Man is known as Rock Man in Japan. This was changed for everywhere else because 'rock' is slang for crack cocaine, and the name stuck i guess.

OMG Mario n Snake !!!

And the Amiga-Game "Vixen" was renamed in Germany to "She-Fox" because "Vixen" sounds like a certain German slang word

Out of curiosity, what german slang word does 'vixen' sound like ?

@ Mysticwolf, Join the club :D

http://quickdic.org/index_e.html Click the link, type the letters  w i c h s e and n, press enter and you know why I chose THAT dictionary.

LMAO

'In America we call it a copy cat' lol so true.

In my opinion Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina of t... * gets shot *