By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will there be Move/Natal Sales tracking?

palancas7 said:

They should track M sales then...

The masses don't really care and we can presume its been bundled enough to have sold a large amount.

In my opinoin, the Natal is the most interesting motion device this gen so I'm very curious to see how it performs.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

IMHO...I see no point to this.  VGC doesn't track other peripherals so why should these be any diffrent.  Maybe if it's integrated and is part of the console bundle yes but tracking these add-ons seem pretty pointless...just saying.

I REALLY LIKE THEY TRACK THE SALES IF IT IS POSSIBLE

oni-link said:

IMHO...I see no point to this.  VGC doesn't track other peripherals so why should these be any diffrent.  Maybe if it's integrated and is part of the console bundle yes but tracking these add-ons seem pretty pointless...just saying.

the thing is that no other peripheral has had the the potential to make a big impact on the console war. these are peripherals that decide the future direction the companies continue to go. these are huge updates that people have HIgh expectations for. Natal has the potential to help xbox more than halo ever could and move has potential to sell more systems than more than GT5. These are being marketed in a HUGE way.

we track games tiny games that sell super low and have little to no impact on the industry but here are 2 things that have potential to be HUGE flop ENOURMOUSLY or simply do "OK" BUT both these peripherals represent a huge investment from both companies so this is of enourmous interest to many people!

on the lighter side of things it allows for more interesting bets and predictions! how can people accurately say wether or not their predictions will be right if there are no numbers D:

It doesn't matter which Sells more Natal or Move. If one sells 5 million and another sells 6 million but those 5 million push way more software and increase the total userbase much more than that's what matters. Not which sold more peripheral. 

Around the Network

I can see reports here and there about the number of units sold, but I'm unsure if people would make a chart for this.

RVDondaPC said:

It doesn't matter which Sells more Natal or Move. If one sells 5 million and another sells 6 million but those 5 million push way more software and increase the total userbase much more than that's what matters. Not which sold more peripheral. 

but see having the numbers for natal and move would make the impact they are having on software and the userbase much clearer

Nope. If packaged like Wii Play/Wii Fit it would partially get tracked, but that's the difference. Nintendo sold 'Wii Fit', not the balance board. Because they recognized that the software would sell the hardware. I don't think MS or Sony will see that distinction.

why? They don't track wiimote sales, only the games.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I think the game sales are the most importaint. It can give us a look at who's buying the Move games.