By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Infamous 2 confirmed! (GameInformer July Cover)

July Cover Revealed: Infamous 2

In 2009, Sucker Punch Productions released Infamous, a super-powered sandbox game that was a drastic departure from the studio's well-known Sly Cooper franchise. Venturing into new territory paid off for Sucker Punch; the PS3-exclusive Infamous has sold nearly 2 million copies, providing a combination of mobility and electrical powers that makes gamers feel like a true superhero. For Infamous 2, the team hopes to raise the bar even higher. A new look for hero Cole MacGrath is just the first step; a new city, new powers, and a powerful new foe await you in Infamous 2, and you can read all about it our exclusive 10-page story.

After you've satisfied your superhero curiosity, keep flipping those pages to see the issue's line-up of cool features. This month you'll find a column from Irrational Games' Ken Levine, the origins of ClapTrap from Gearbox's hit Borderlands, an interview with Edgar Wright (director of the upcoming movie Scott Pilgrim vs. the World), and a rundown of bizarre glitches that never made it into finished games.

We've got a ton of previews for big games like Call of Duty: Black Ops, Killzone 3, The Force Unleashed 2, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (including an interview with designer Tetsuya Nomura). You can also read reviews of Green Day: Rock Band, UFC Undisputed 2010, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, and the downloadable Joe Danger.

Keep an eye on your mailboxes and store shelves, because the July issue will be there very soon!

Here's the front cover, showcasing the new design for Cole in Infamous 2...

And here's the full wrap-around image:

Stay tuned for our Infamous 2 hub, which will be your one stop shop for our month long, online coverage of Infamous 2.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/06/04/july_5F00_cover_5F00_reveal_5F00_9988.aspx

Around the Network

I'm so excited for this. But why did they change Cole?

Shocking... I can't wait for the full reveal

For some reason I can't see it :(

edit: NVm here ya go

I like it :D :D :D :D :D I hope the final game is also like that

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

My favorite new franchise on the ps3. (Mass effect being my favorite new franchise). I can't wait for this game, I really liked how well the first one was done. 

Around the Network

Sooooo, is there going to be any surprises at E3 at all?

Still awesome news though, the end of InFamous had such an amazing twist. I can't wait to play this.

Cole looks alot better, it looks close enough to him...i have to change my pants by the way.

For a change I actually look forward to this issue of GI :P They apparently have more details about GOW:GoS also so yeah

Sony E3 has already made themselves memorable for me lol and it hasn't even started yet :P KZ3, LBP2, GoW:GoS, Motorstorm (possible) and  footage of Agent, Agency and TLG and more and NOW THIS!

NERDGASM

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

snyperdud said:

Sooooo, is there going to be any surprises at E3 at all?

Still awesome news though, the end of InFamous had such an amazing twist. I can't wait to play this.

PlayStation move games sports edition (Not Joking) and maybe Final Fantasy XV (Joking).

Sony's E3 is surely going to be BIG