By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Morgan Webb rants about Super Mario Galaxy 2, hilariously bad reasons

Wow. This got a lot of comments fast. Seems like people are ready to back up SMG2 whenever it gets sass.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

I stopped playing Mario for the same reasons she mentioned.

I think since Mario 64, which was a great game, the Mario-platformers (except NSMB Wii) were more or less the same.

Mario 64,
Mario Sunshine,
Mario Galaxy,
Mario Galaxy 2

all high quality games, but I think if oyu have played one, there is little reason to play the next.

Somebody mentioned Uncharted, Killzone, Halo or Gears series were always the same as well and I have to disagree. First these series push the technical possibilities for their consoles and I am happy that they do that.
Second they have a different story. Every game tells you a story and for Halo, it is really epic. There are 5 Halo-novels out there and all tell you a great story. I haven't played a Mario since Mario64 (expcet for some gaming sessions with friends), but is he still trying to rescue the princess?

The story, atmosphere and Multiplayer is very important to me and Mario can't deliver one of those three categories.

I am not hating on Mario, if you are into this kiddy (sorry) kind of game and you want to be entertained for some hours I say go for it, pick it up and have fun. It is just not my type of game anymore. Really no flaming here.

See this is what happens when some one thinks they have point. The graphics from Super Mario 64 to Super Mario Galaxy 2. is way bigger progression. Then your Halo 2 to 3. Gears 1, 2, and 3. You can't make gray and brown look any better. Multiplayer is a addon mode. It has nothing to do with the core of the game. Unless it's M.A.G. or Army of Two which are multiplayer games. Story is just the reason for you doing the same shit over and over again. Kratos  in God of War trying to kill a God. In part 2 trying to kill a God. Part 3 trying to kill a God. The only difference is the in between filler. Makes you feel like you doing something different. How many times did he go to the underworld. The why is different, but you still are going. So every game is the same game every time. There are those of us who have a limit of 4 to 5 years. To replay the same game again. Then there are those of us. Who needs to play same game every 2 years. I rather pay for a 50 dollar game every 5. Then a 60 dollar game every 2. Or in the case of Call of Duty, fighters and sports games. 60 dollars every year.

Just because someone is saying something different. Doesn't mean their point of view is right!

Member Of The Wii Squad: Warriors of Light!

One of the 4 Yonkou of Youtube aka Wii Warlords. Other Members include ThaBlackBaron, Shokio, and Cardy.

Guys it's just a F'in opinion what is wrong with you? If she is tired of the look and the feel or Mario galaxy that's her choice. If she thinks it looks too cartoony for her, it's just what she thinks. It might be a stupid opinion that doesn't make any sense but still you guys shouldn't make such a big fuss about it!

What is happening to us gamers? We are becoming like freakin journalists who talk about Lady Gaga's new dress...

MaxwellGT2000 said:

I know the whole reason Morgan Webb is popular in the media is because she's an attractive female gamer but man oh man did she go on a Hatfield Award Winning rant on the G4 chat about SMG2.  She stopped using the word kiddy everytime she describes Mario now its too cartoony.

Video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IibvKxLFjpo

And things like that is why I stopped watching G4 and X-Play, take out the humor and the fact they used to have good taste, even with Adam Sesslers Nintendo rants, while being mean he was always funny with it... this isn't funny and she sounds like a dumb blond while doing it "so like this happened and it was so like cartoony I just like can't stand it!"

This is a live broadcast (emphasis on the "broad"), not a tv segment. It does not have written material, it is not meant to be funny, it's meant to be "real". These are her real opinions and thoughts. And the emotions that go along with those. You can tell she's agitated because she knows that she's going to get strife for what she is saying. That is why she says "like" so often.

I'm not sure what you should be criticized for. You're obviously doing something wrong here. I just don't know where you stand.

For one, you are slandering a scripted show on tv with three critiques:  bad taste, nintendo rants, mean, and using a radio or podcast (whatever that was) interview that in your opinion is 'distasteful, a rant, and mean' to support your critique because the interview's humor doesn't compare to the show's humor.

I guess you thought they were always just joking about stuff on g4 and actually liked the games they were trashing?

did i read correctly? morgan webb is hot? lmao homegirl looks like a dragqueen

Around the Network

I love the amount of people going "it's her opinion, you're bound to respect it!" I fully believe that just because you "have an opinion" on something doesn't automatically put you above criticism for it. Opinions can in fact be wrong. I can't go around saying "the moon is made of cheese." That might be my opinion but my opinion would be wrong.

Having said that, its not like Morgan was risking anything by saying these things as some of you would believe. Everyone who watches G4 regularly probably doesn't play mario games and Morgan's bosses were probably high-fiving each other on how this little "controversy" would generate hits and views.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Mad55 said:
hsrob said:

Anyone who claims there should be more mature themes in a Mario game needs to get their head checked.  Next they'll be asking for Wind in the Willows to be sexed up.  It's just plain ridiculous.

she never really said she wanted mature themes just a change in the formula.

And again we come back to the whole gravity thing: how much is not enough?

The BuShA owns all!

At the end of the video Adam says, "So obviously this game is a 5/5."  Really!?!  I thought you were about to give it a 2/5 or a 3/5.  This is one of the big reasons I stopped watching X-Play five or six years ago.  They take some big game, rip it to shreds in their review, and then give it a great score anyway.  Next they'll review some smaller game, praise the heck out of it, and then slap a 3/5 on it.  It makes NO sense.  Is it a good game or a bad game?  If I watch their reviews, I'll have no fucking clue.

And the rest of the video...was just awful.  I'm just about speechless.  Did they complain this much when the first one came out?  It is the same damn art style.  Why are you bothered that Mario is cartoony?  Where the fuck have you been since 1981?  Is this your first time playing a Mario game?  It could have been more 3D?  What the hell does that even mean?  Not for everyone?  It is more for everyone than any "mature" game that I've ever seen.

Nintendo just can't win can they?  They release their flagship IP in a traditional core genre, it turns out so fantastic that even the gaming media can do nothing but give it near perfect scores, and still some people take the opportunity to try and shit on it.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Morgan really sucks at trolling.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

theRepublic said:

At the end of the video Adam says, "So obviously this game is a 5/5."  Really!?!  I thought you were about to give it a 2/5 or a 3/5.  This is one of the big reasons I stopped watching X-Play five or six years ago.  They take some big game, rip it to shreds in their review, and then give it a great score anyway.  Next they'll review some smaller game, praise the heck out of it, and then slap a 3/5 on it.  It makes NO sense.  Is it a good game or a bad game?  If I watch their reviews, I'll have no fucking clue.

And the rest of the video...was just awful.  I'm just about speechless.  Did they complain this much when the first one came out?  It is the same damn art style.  Why are you bothered that Mario is cartoony?  Where the fuck have you been since 1981?  Is this your first time playing a Mario game?  It could have been more 3D?  What the hell does that even mean?  Not for everyone?  It is more for everyone than any "mature" game that I've ever seen.

Nintendo just can't win can they?  They release their flagship IP in a traditional core genre, it turns out so fantastic that even the gaming media can do nothing but give it near perfect scores, and still some people take the opportunity to try and shit on it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3453232

Telling you, man. Not worth worrying about, because of that business right there.