By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Morgan Webb rants about Super Mario Galaxy 2, hilariously bad reasons

Hehe, I love reading some of the posts along the lines of "it is her opinion!!! Don't bash her". Well if an opinion makes very little sense, has very little basis to support it, and further information contradicts this specific opinion I can't help but laugh at how much credibility that person has lost. Opinions surely can be bashed, if they are senseless ones. The core of the matter is that she either made a stupid assumption that the next Mario game would be more "mature", she is trolling, or she is too dumb to clarify her thoughts before she speaks them. Then furthermore they are all nice and dandy and give the game a 5/5? What? Opinions are worth something, and if you don't present them in the right way they lose their value, and in my opinion, if somebody doesn't know what they are talking about and can't even sort their thoughts then they deserve to be bashed just so they learn in the future. She should know better than to use descriptions like "it is cartoony", considering how long she has been doing this. There are many explanations for this odd behavior, but I think the most likely one is that they are trying to suck up to everybody. They don't want to lose their credibility among the "hardcore" so they dwell on graphics(and later bring up some non-existent "expansion" comment), but as a consolation for fans of the game or reviews from others they give an inconsistent 5/5. If you can't make up your mind then your opinion is worth nothing. If you can't support your opinion with observations, evidences, or facts then it is worth nothing. That is how most people go about things, and this is no different. 

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:

Okay I have question, maybe someone answered it earlier in the thread but I didn't see it. Isn't her favorite game Ratchet & Clank? If so that makes her a huge hypocrite. R&C's art style has remained the same through out the entire series.

no it doesn't make her a hypocrite! it's just an OP. if it makes her a hypocrite than it should spell the same for all gamers. it' all about perception, and thats how she seees it.

axumblade said:
Darc Requiem said:

Okay I have question, maybe someone answered it earlier in the thread but I didn't see it. Isn't her favorite game Ratchet & Clank? If so that makes her a huge hypocrite. R&C's art style has remained the same through out the entire series.

She basically said last year that Ratchet & Clank:ACiT was the best platformer in a long time.

The graphical advancements of the Ratchet & Clank franchise is great. In fact, I would go ahead and refer to the most recent R&C game as pixarlike quality (if not all of the PS3 versions of the series). The story had both happy and sad elements, which led to the game being very much story driven. The gameplay was varied and they completely changed the mechanic to Clank levels from previous games. Of course I'm sure that most people on here who are blasting the series haven't touched the game since the PS2 (if even then). That or they are just talking shit because of Morgan Webb and her "hypocrisy." Which I find stupid due to the fact that people don't seem to understand platformers are just like any other genre.

If people like Call of Duty, that does not mean they will like Battlefield. If people like God of War, that does not guarantee they will like Bayonetta. If people like Oblivion, it doesn't mean they'll like Fable. If people like Star Ocean, that doesn't mean they'll like Final Fantasy. Again, I repeat, it's about OPINION. e.e

People have issues with it cause she takes a very ignorant stance on the subject.  Basically Mario being kiddy and cartoony and she's too old for that like at a certain age maturity is about only reading and liking gritty realistic things.  A lot of people wonder why I still watch cartoons and I ask them why don't they?  Many people don't get involved with "kiddy" things not because of what they think of it but what they think others will think of them if they watched/liked something seen as childish, look at all the in the closet pokemon fans... ever been in high school with people going "you still play pokemon?" when in all likelyhood the person asking still plays it.

The reason why people attack that point is because she isn't really saying "I don't like it because I don't find the fun in it, it's not for me" I believe if she left it with that, no one would say a word, but she rants about the game all the time and talks about it being a kiddy game.  When the series is known for its challenge for kids and adults, just like a pixar film will have those themes that older people can pick up on while kids cant that make the movies enjoyable Mario games have the presentation that is fine for everyone but also gives challenge for everyone as well, some of the puzzles kids might not even think of the innovative ways to solve them, while others kids might solve faster cause they're more likely to think outside the box.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

sc94597 said:

Hehe, I love reading some of the posts along the lines of "it is her opinion!!! Don't bash her". Well if an opinion makes very little sense, has very little basis to support it, and further information contradicts this specific opinion I can't help but laugh at how much credibility that person has lost. Opinions surely can be bashed, if they are senseless ones. The core of the matter is that she either made a stupid assumption that the next Mario game would be more "mature", she is trolling, or she is too dumb to clarify her thoughts before she speaks them. Then furthermore they are all nice and dandy and give the game a 5/5? What? Opinions are worth something, and if you don't present them in the right way they lose their value, and in my opinion, if somebody doesn't know what they are talking about and can't even sort their thoughts then they deserve to be bashed just so they learn in the future. She should know better than to use descriptions like "it is cartoony", considering how long she has been doing this. There are many explanations for this odd behavior, but I think the most likely one is that they are trying to suck up to everybody. They don't want to lose their credibility among the "hardcore" so they dwell on graphics(and later bring up some non-existent "expansion" comment), but as a consolation for fans of the game or reviews from others they give an inconsistent 5/5. If you can't make up your mind then your opinion is worth nothing. If you can't support your opinion with observations, evidences, or facts then it is worth nothing. That is how most people go about things, and this is no different. 

good read, but i dont know. gamers make OP's that are found base less all the time. perception is the key here. in this thread i found alot of assumetions about her OP that where unfounded. she never said it was a bad game so her OP on how it looks is just visual perception. we don't and won't see things the way others do, but for your OP to be respected you haft to respect others OP's as well.

Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
KylieDog said:

Yeah, lets insult her and make like she is immature by calling her names.

She makes good points, she blatently says "I'm too old for it".  Some people grow out of cartoonish and kiddy looking things and want more from games.  She is one of them.  She didn't knock the gameplay only the presentation.

The implied correlation between maturity and a dislike of "kiddy looking things" is both fallacious and condescending.

There is a great quote... by some famous author.

It goes something like

"When I was a teeneager I secretly read fairytales without people seeing me to pretend I was more mature, and when I was older, I read them in the open because I was mature enough to not care what people think."

C. S. Lewis, I believe. And you're thinkning of two quotes.

One is "One day you will be old enough to read fairy tales again."

The other is:

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

Good quotes.

CS Lewis... I knew it was SOMEONE who's "first" name was two initials.

Yeah that second one was what I was talking about.

Around the Network

The argument that Mario Galaxy 2 is an add-on type game to the first one... Pu-lease.

You mean it's not the same for Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2?

God of war 1, 2 and 3?

Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty and A Crack in Time?

Shall I go on and on?

The entire rant about Galaxy 2 is completely devoid of logic and seems to me like it's more a vendetta or agenda against Nintendo than anything else.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
sc94597 said:

<snip>

good read, but i dont know. gamers make OP's that are found base less all the time.

Of course they do, but gamers aren't paid to give them, she is. If that was my job I would make sure I explained myself with thorough consideration, and if it isn't possible to verbalize it, I won't give it. Simple as that. 

Xplay is like the worst Wii hating, HD biased game information media available to man.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

This is just a continuation of a generational trend by G4, I don't see what this whole uproar is about. Nothing's really changed, now did it?

oldschoolfool said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

I know the whole reason Morgan Webb is popular in the media is because she's an attractive female gamer but man oh man did she go on a Hatfield Award Winning rant on the G4 chat about SMG2.  She stopped using the word kiddy everytime she describes Mario now its too cartoony.

Video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IibvKxLFjpo

And things like that is why I stopped watching G4 and X-Play, take out the humor and the fact they used to have good taste, even with Adam Sesslers Nintendo rants, while being mean he was always funny with it... this isn't funny and she sounds like a dumb blond while doing it "so like this happened and it was so like cartoony I just like can't stand it!"

The last time I checked,people were allowed to have an opinion. If that's what she thought,then that's what she thought.

I just read his post twice and at no point did he say she was not allowed to have an opinion, so I am confused as to the purpose of this post.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"