By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony partnership with Google not just for Google TV..

Android is a great OS.  It would be a good partnership for anyone to have the Android OS and it's apps.

Around the Network

Great news, hopefully I will get some benefits from my Android phone. Maybe an android based PSP 2 phone thingy? But google TV better be put on PS3

keywe666 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

PLEASE not Google. I hate Google.

They are head to head with Apple and Siemens for the worst companies out there. Team up with Nokia if you want to, but not google

why do you hate google?

• china
  • privacy (google street 'oh we accidently gathered the data from your wlan as well')
  • privacy
  • privacy

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
keywe666 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

They are head to head with Apple and Siemens for the worst companies out there. Team up with Nokia if you want to, but not google

why do you hate google?

• china
  • privacy (google street 'oh we accidently gathered the data from your wlan as well')
  • privacy
  • privacy

why are you against google for china, they made a very bold move pulling out of there, standing up for what they believe in.  as for wlan, if your wlan isn't secure that is your problem, it's like giving out leaflets of your personal information, if your wlan isn't secure, be glad it was google and not someone else.

oh and google just got voted the most reputable company in the world, second place is the other company we are here to talk about. so what wrong with them teaming up. it also makes sense with google's chrome browser and chrome os going against Microsoft's ie and windows, and Sony's playstation  vs the xbox.  teaming up will allow them to apply more pressure to different parts of there rival, nokia like you suggested could what take on Microsoft's mobile, why when nokia is already got a strong foothold in the market and Sony has Sony Ericsson.

To me google and Sony should have teamed up long ago.  imo though Microsoft will problem not notice to much, windows 7 is verily new, and bing will do just as much damage to google's core market that chrome os will do to Microsoft's, give or take a bit. of course I don't know much about chrome os yet so. 

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

well. it's news, but i don't see what it does for me as a gamer or PS3 owner!

Around the Network

two big successful companies im sure theyl have something good for us if not in the PlayStation area, in the cellphone dept.

psn :- drlaith

gt:- lionsword

add me :)

Other than an improved Webbrowser, I hope this doesn't effect the PS3 and PSP.

4 ≈ One

PSP2 and android FTW

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

9009pc said:
DirtyP2002 said:
keywe666 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

why do you hate google?

• china
  • privacy
  • privacy

why are you against google for china, they made a very bold move pulling out of there, standing up for what they believe in.  as for wlan, if your wlan isn't secure that is your problem, it's like giving out leaflets of your personal information, if your wlan isn't secure, be glad it was google and not someone else.

oh and google just got voted the most reputable company in the world, second place is the other company we are here to talk about. so what wrong with them teaming up. it also makes sense with google's chrome browser and chrome os going against Microsoft's ie and windows, and Sony's playstation  vs the xbox.  teaming up will allow them to apply more pressure to different parts of there rival, nokia like you suggested could what take on Microsoft's mobile, why when nokia is already got a strong foothold in the market and Sony has Sony Ericsson.

To me google and Sony should have teamed up long ago.  imo though Microsoft will problem not notice to much, windows 7 is verily new, and bing will do just as much damage to google's core market that chrome os will do to Microsoft's, give or take a bit. of course I don't know much about chrome os yet so. 

China - actually google worked hand in hand with the chinese propaganda. They did this to gain market share over there. Now they are big enough there to go against the chinese government and sell as they are the ones fighting bravely against the devil. And it worked for people like you.

http://blog.studentsforafreetibet.org/2006/01/google-tries-to-defend-itself-fails/

just 4 years old...

Sure it isn't smart to let you wlan open, but your way to look at it is very strange.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

They are head to head with Apple and Siemens for the worst companies out there. Team up with Nokia if you want to, but not google.

Nokia is good? AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH .... not funny -.-