By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official VGC World Cup Thread and Prediction League

FootballFan said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Besides the 1 and 3 point, you should be able to get 2 points for the correct difference. Let's say I choose Mexico to win 2-0 against South Africa, but the games ends at Mexico 3-1 South Africa. I should get my point for the correct team, and an extra point for the correct difference: Mexico 2.Of course, you only get the extra point if you have the correct winner. Let's say Mexico losses 0-2, you get 0 points. Eventhough you have the 2 difference, it would be -2 in this case.

Of course, this is just an idea, I don't know if everyone agreeds. But just something different from the previous thread.

I'll post my scores later on. But count me in

I would say that's a good idea. However, it would involve more working out of scores which could ultimately be a pain.

It's not that bad. There's only going to be 3 games a day, and there are all important. It's not like we are not going to know the actual score.

Everyday we can just post the 3 results and then add the points. I mean, if people want to

Around the Network
FootballFan said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Besides the 1 and 3 point, you should be able to get 2 points for the correct difference. Let's say I choose Mexico to win 2-0 against South Africa, but the games ends at Mexico 3-1 South Africa. I should get my point for the correct team, and an extra point for the correct difference: Mexico 2.Of course, you only get the extra point if you have the correct winner. Let's say Mexico losses 0-2, you get 0 points. Eventhough you have the 2 difference, it would be -2 in this case.

Of course, this is just an idea, I don't know if everyone agreeds. But just something different from the previous thread.

I would say that's a good idea. However, it would involve more working out of scores which could ultimately be a pain.

Plus it might "Overpower" draws.

Since your either get 3 or 2 points... since it's always going to be the same difference.

Edited again, looks like Ghana will fail now...

Kasz216 said:
FootballFan said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Plus it might "Overpower" draws.

Since your either get 3 or 2 points... since it's always going to be the same difference.

I was only thinking on win/lose games. Not draws. Plus, is not that easy to know which team is going to draw xp

Friday, 11 June 2010 
South Africa 0 - 2 Mexico, Gp A
Uruguay 1 - 0 France, Gp A

Saturday, 12 June 2010 
Argentina 4 - 0 Nigeria, Gp B
England 2 - 2 USA, Gp C
South Korea 1 - 1 Greece, Gp B

Sunday, 13 June 2010 
Algeria 1 - 2 Slovenia, Gp C
Germany 3 - 1 Australia, Gp D
Serbia 2 - 0 Ghana, Gp D

Monday, 14 June 2010 
Italy 1 - 1 Paraguay, Gp F
Japan 0 - 2 Cameroon, Gp E
Netherlands 3 - 1 Denmark, Gp E

Tuesday, 15 June 2010 
Brazil 5 - 0 North Korea, Gp G
Ivory Coast 1 - 2 Portugal, Gp G
New Zealand 0 - 2 Slovakia, Gp F

Wednesday, 16 June 2010
Honduras 0 - 2 Chile, Gp H
South Africa 0 - 2 Uruguay, Gp A
Spain 4 - 1 Switzerland, Gp H

@ Montana )
thx for supporting Germany :) 

Around the Network
Friday, 11 June 2010
FIFA World Cup
Saturday, 12 June 2010
FIFA World Cup
England v USA, 2:1
Sunday, 13 June 2010
FIFA World Cup
Serbia v Ghana, 2:0
Monday, 14 June 2010
FIFA World Cup
Tuesday, 15 June 2010
FIFA World Cup
Wednesday, 16 June 2010
FIFA World Cup

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

SCIFIBOY, you need to update the members

FootballFan said:

done, updated the countdown aswel.

also, if anyone could help me out with collating the scores once we get going, please let me know, theres obviously alot of people taking part, so any help would be very much appreciated!

I could do some, and since I can edit your first post anyway it's better, though I don't know how much free time I'll have to do it

SciFiBoy said:
FootballFan said:

done, updated the countdown aswel.

also, if anyone could help me out with collating the scores once we get going, please let me know, theres obviously alot of people taking part, so any help would be very much appreciated!

I can do alot. But not until after the 20th of June....GCSE examinations and all...