By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official VGC World Cup Thread and Prediction League

hmm.. the mexican keeper looks really bad at standards - that could prove to be fatal for mexico

Around the Network

Whoever came up with the idea for those horns, needs to be castrated. I've had to mute my tele, those things give me a headache.

Not a bad match, South Africa is way more than I expected, their defence sucks but some offense players are doing well, specially Shabalala, Mexico can't mark anyone, their left side is always exploited. The SA keeper is pretty good, Conejo Perez, insecure as always

I expect Mexico to capitalize SA's defensive weakness in the 2nd half, but they're weak in defence too, if SA can concrete a good cross they'll score easily

My prediction is not going to happen. I thought there would be more goals.

1-0 South Africa. Great goal. 

Those fucking Vuvuzelas. It's just fucking noise.

Hopefully we've taken enough fans over there so that the locals can't be heard or they teach them how crowds should be vocal at games.

Nice goal by RSA.

Around the Network

Leaderboards: as of 11/06/2010, 1715 hours, 1 game played.
(if your name isnt here, you have no points...yet!)

SciFiBoy - 3 points - 1 correct score
FootballFan - 3 points - 1 correct score

Ha, I said Tshabalala was great, he proved me he was, excellent goal, perfect shot. Really horrible showing from Mexico, you can't defend like that in a WC, last minute a goal kick leaves the striker one-on-one??? And they didn't capitalize on the SA errors, they were quite a couple, though the keeper was very good

I was expecting 2-1 in Mexico's favor, but at least I got it right expecting SA to score the first goal. Next is Uruguay versus France. I'll bet on the same score, 2-1, favoring Uruguay's team.

I really will be cheering for Uruguay, come on, neighbours!!!

to me the neighbors is France, but really .. with that weak showing against China and their qualification in mind I'm more inclined to believe Uruguay will win this match and this group - about time the first WC winner ever goes into KO rounds again