By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What do you like/dislike about the new site design?

What do you like/dislike about the new site design?

I love everything! 3 1.88%

I like most changes, but mistakes were made. 16 10.00%

Overall for the best, but LOTS of problems. 19 11.88%

Many improvements, but ov... 25 15.63%

Some improvements, but I ... 47 29.38%

I hate everything, ioi most of all!!! 50 31.25%

Total:160
Final-Fan said:

"Also you can only navigate one page forward or back in the forums now

Get your Portable ID

Money Spent on PS3 2009 - $1255

bleh it deleted what i said...

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Garnett said:

I like it, but i hate

that it constantly edits out everything after the first line or sentence?

lol This ^

Hmm, there are clearly some teathing issues

I was a little concerned about the lack of quick reply, but the reply thing pops up so quickly I am happy

The most important thing is to get the recent posts box, and sort out bugs

I mainly miss Hot Topics, everything else will grow on me.

I really don't like it, I mean, SERIOUSLY IT WON'T LET ME CLICK SOMETHINGS..oh well...I need sleep..but not now(: XD

blah blah blah...no one wants to hear me do they!

Around the Network

I am trying to work out how to use the forum, I am certainly not convinced by that design

Also, why no link between the game's profile on gamrReview and on vgChartz proper?

I have come to realize that the gestalt of the site redesign is "VGChartz meets Facebook".  (Or that sort of thing; personally I couldn't tell you what Facebook looks like but this has got social network written all over it, look at your friend list.)  This stark realization only crystallized my loathing. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Well my entire entry was replaced by the number "1" that was epic

Let's try this again.

1. The bright light is just as bad as the pitch black of the 2.0 version. can't we have a calm color?

2.  I miss the quick reply box- i can't scroll up and read other posts while typing a reply.

3.  The forums are a nightmare to navigate

4.  I don't know when somebody has quoted me

5.  The last site had a bunch of clutter but it was convenient to see everything at once. This is the complete opposite. 4 different websites pretty much? It's like what?

6.  I miss my recent forum posts lists.

For myself, I also dislike the "gamr".  The z in VGChartz is cute, but the missing e in gamr is, to me at least, "my oh my look at how hip we are.  Dog."  Lots of big sites and organizations do it but I still hate it.  And it's another sign (along with my previous gripe) that VGC is losing its individuality/personality. 

I can only hope it's inadvertent instead of a conscious effort at conformity. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
For myself, I also dislike the "gamr".
[OMG it lost the rest and replaced it with my freaking SIG!!!]

However, I realize that the ship has almost certainly sailed on this one; I'm just griping here as I have little hope of changing it. 

But if not -- if there is hope of changing it -- I would prefer "gamReview" to "gamrReview".  Or "vgReview" to go with VGChartz.  vgconnect -- not bad.