By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 2 yrs 8 months and it happened

What a lovely Monday. While playing LP2 My launch 60GB B/C PS3 just died. I'm going to use a local repair servce and I hope they will not wipe out my game saves. Then will transfer all data to the new Slim.

Does anyone know if I can check and send msgs from my PSN account on the internet?

Around the Network

back up all you game saves first if it turns on, will it just not read discs or will it just not turn on?

Ldn.se said:

What a lovely Monday. While playing LP2 My launch 60GB B/C PS3 just died. I'm going to use a local repair servce and I hope they will not wipe out my game saves. Then will transfer all data to the new Slim.

Does anyone know if I can check and send msgs from my PSN account on the internet?

I feel for you man, same thing happened with me last December, when I was on the middle of my platinum Demon's Souls run.

Most of your game saves will be transfered, but be prepared to lose all your demon's souls data (if you have the game, you may be waiting for the EU version given your avatar ), because somehow, it isn't transferable.

You can still check your msgs on your PSN account on the net and, even though I didn't try it, you can probably send them too.

Out of topic - That Sig pic you have....that gloom armour BP is gonna get raped >_> 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Sorry, hopefully the transfer isn't too hard

That sucks, sorry to hear that.

Around the Network
phinch1 said:
back up all you game saves first if it turns on, will it just not read discs or will it just not turn on?

I switch it on and after the green light you see yellow for a second and then red. There is this liitle repair service on my way to work so I will go there this week. 

Thanks guys. Been playing LP2 all long weknd and almost completed the game on extreme difficulty with friends in co op and now will have long unwanted break from games.

That sucks man... Also, Demon's Souls' save can't be transfered

4 ≈ One

ahh hope that doesnt happen to u again! or anybody! thank god for my ps3 since launch till now and it lives!! u know how emotional i wud be if it dies :O! lol

Balls. I genuinely wonder what percentage of 60gigs in the world have yet to YLOD. I wasn't aware you could check your PSN messages on the PS site, I don't think there's an option. Enjoy the Slim, it's the much better model unless you played a lot of PS2 games.