By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 2 yrs 8 months and it happened

I read the thread title and assumed you were the youngest person to ever lose their virginity. Sorry about your PS3, dude.

Around the Network

I present you with one slowpoke gravestone and give you my condolenses :( it's a very sad day when a 60gig ps3 passes on

Why don't you just throw another HDD in if you have one lying around, or ask a friend if they have one..?

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Skeeuk said:
well last few days mine started to make a huge fan noise mabey coz of weather, but ive bought a fan for it just in case

Do NOT put on an external fan, it voids your warrenty and it messes up the heat sync.

PSN ID: KingFate_

KingFate said:
Skeeuk said:
well last few days mine started to make a huge fan noise mabey coz of weather, but ive bought a fan for it just in case

Do NOT put on an external fan, it voids your warrenty and it messes up the heat sync.

The heat syncs up? :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network

WOW, That sucks. I always told people I wonder what you would have to do to a PS3 in order for it to crap out on you. In the end it lasted 2 years which is far longer than any launch 360 would last!

It's always a sad day when stuff like this happens.

Playstation All-Stars is one of the best games I've played this gen, and is the most fun I've had in a game this gen.

man... this new site is killing me!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Grunt06 said:

WOW, That sucks. I always told people I wonder what you would have to do to a PS3 in order for it to crap out on you. In the end it lasted 2 years which is far longer than any launch 360 would last!

I'm not sure why you're bringing the 360 into this thread? If it was a 360 though being 2 years 8 months old, then MS would fix it for free. (being within the 3 year warranty) Something which Sony won't do.

OT: That sucks that your PS3 broke down. I always wished that my (250gb slim)PS3 had PS2 BC, but since there seem to be quite a lot of them breaking down after all this time maybe it's better that it doesn't. I have 2 PS2's anyway, which helps.

Are you buying a new slim PS3? Are you going to fix and then sell of your 60gb PS3 and use the money for the slim?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Im going to get it fixed in a local repair service here in London. It cost £70, one hour waiting and they dont touch the hard drive. Maybe at the wknd I'll go to get the Slim and transfer all data. Aprntly the protected game saves get transferred too. I would be gutted if my Demons Souls game saves stayed on the old console or got lost.

I used to live it on all night for folding@home and this prbly is too much for the old consoles.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words.