By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII might not be on E3

Carl2291 said:
dobby985 said:
Carl2291 said:
dobby985 said:

SE wants to go multiplatform and be a proper 3rd party publisher instead of being Sony's second party. Especially now that they have a lot more franchises after acquiring Eidos.

If they want a fanbase on the Xbox 360 then they have to keep delivering the games.

As for the who "taking advantage of the PS3's hardware". The PS3 and the 360 are virtually the same hardware-wise. You need to learn about specs before you start talking about stuff like that.

Recent games relased have IMO at least, proven that the PS3 is beyond the 360 graphics-wise. You just need to look at the likes of Killzone, Uncharted and God of War 3. Then compare them to Mass Effect, Alan Wake... Even FFXIII on the 2 consoles.

And you need to remember, the Blu-ray drive is also part of that hardware

If we see the first 2 Blu-ray game come out of Versus XIII... Using up to 6 DVD's for a game could be seen as way too much.

I don't buy this whole "filling a Blu-Ray disk" thing. The only reason games have filled a Blu-Ray is because of the large amount of cutscenes (MGS4).

The only reason FF takes up this much space is because of the exact same reason. And guess what? They can be higher res on the PS3 like they did with FFXIII, problem solved.

Games developers do not yet have the reasources to create an actual game that would fill an entire 50GB Blu-Ray disk. Just-Cause 2 and WoW are not 50GB in size but they have both have worlds that dwarf the size of FFXIII.

Final Fantasy is now filled with cutscenes though, and much higher quality than the ones seen in MGS4

Versus XIII, will be the same graphic-wise pretty much as FFXIII. Add in a huge World Map. Towns, probably... They need to go with a worldmap. It will add up. I think it COULD be the first game on 2 Blu-ray's.

Just Cause 2 and WoW don't look anywhere near as good graphically as FFXIII Neither do they have Cutscenes that look THAT good. No game has!

Around the Network
dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Jdevil3 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
dobby985 said:

SE wants to go multiplatform and be a proper 3rd party publisher instead of being Sony's second party. Especially now that they have a lot more franchises after acquiring Eidos.

If they want a fanbase on the Xbox 360 then they have to keep delivering the games.

As for the who "taking advantage of the PS3's hardware". The PS3 and the 360 are virtually the same hardware-wise. You need to learn about specs before you start talking about stuff like that.

Recent games relased have IMO at least, proven that the PS3 is beyond the 360 graphics-wise. You just need to look at the likes of Killzone, Uncharted and God of War 3. Then compare them to Mass Effect, Alan Wake... Even FFXIII on the 2 consoles.

If we see the first 2 Blu-ray game come out of Versus XIII... Using up to 6 DVD's for a game could be seen as way too much.

I totally disagree with you!

just joking I agree with this!

But I doubt it will be on 2 blu-ray discs, if it is it'll be funny.

I WISH it was released in 2 Blu-Ray Discs :D Can you imagine the ammount of content that could be included in the game if that happened? :D

But I don't think they'll want to do that >_<

It would be so cool!!

But I don't want to expect something like that, because it probably won't happen!

@dobby

lol of course theres a difference.

Compare GOW3/Uncharted 2 with any 360 exclusive....you won't find one technically as good IMO & in the opinion of many reviewers

True but they are western franchises that have been multiplat since last gen I believe

@Xen

Yeah he would, but I doubt things would ever get that far.

Exactly, it's totally subjective.

Anyway, More platforms = more money. SE have realised this and it's happening. Get over it.

No its not really subjective unless your telling me you can find a game technically better than Uncharted 2/GOW3 on xbox 360, can you? Name them.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Jdevil3 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
dobby985 said:

I WISH it was released in 2 Blu-Ray Discs :D Can you imagine the ammount of content that could be included in the game if that happened? :D

It would be so cool!!

But I don't want to expect something like that, because it probably won't happen!

@dobby

Compare GOW3/Uncharted 2 with any 360 exclusive....you won't find one technically as good IMO & in the opinion of many reviewers

True but they are western franchises that have been multiplat since last gen I believe

@Xen

Depends on how much of a dick Wada really is. Squaresoft/early SE are just being erased piece by piece right now with SE becoming "international".

The demo i played looked nothing like that!

But my point about the cutscenes still stands

Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Jdevil3 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
dobby985 said:

It would be so cool!!

@dobby

@Xen

Depends on how much of a dick Wada really is. Squaresoft/early SE are just being erased piece by piece right now with SE becoming "international".

The shareholders wouldn't like him firing Nomura either, nor would Disney.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
The demo i played looked nothing like that!

But my point about the cutscenes still stands

So does mine. Cutscenes are what takes up the most space. Not towns.

Just Cause 2 has amazing graphics and an enormous world with hundreds of towns are does not fill a Blu-Ray disk.

The resolution of the cutscenes can be nerfed to fit on the 360 DVDs like it was in FFXIII leaving the PS3 version unaffected.

darthdevidem01 said:
dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Jdevil3 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
dobby985 said:

It would be so cool!!

@dobby

@Xen

Exactly, it's totally subjective.

Anyway, More platforms = more money. SE have realised this and it's happening. Get over it.

No its not really subjective unless your telling me you can find a game technically better than Uncharted 2/GOW3 on xbox 360, can you? Name them.

ME2, Gears 1 & 2, Alan Wake etc... Do you even own a 360? Have you ever played these games?

Gears 1&2 better than Uncharted/GoW III...?

Further debate is uneeded here.

dobby985 said:

ME2, Gears 1 & 2, Alan Wake etc... Do you even own a 360? Have you ever played these games?

I do, and have played/owned them all but Alan Wake.

They are not up to the standards of Uncharted 2 or God of War 3.

Alan Wake, isn't even in HD. So it really shouldn't be brought up.

Anyway, the thread doesn't need to turn into a PS3 vs 360 Graphics thread. So... That's that.

It's really pathetic. I'm not surprised though.