By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Any PS3 owners here planning to play KZ3, GT5 in 3D?

@Slimebeast

Besides a 3DTV, you need glasses compatible with the TV you´ll get and make sure your PS3 is updated with the firmware responsible for the 3D support addition.

Around the Network

because of eye-issues 3D is not an option whatsoever for me

I will play those games, but not in 3D because I dont have the money for a 3D TV :(

I bought a HDTV last year. Till it breaks, and 3-D glasses vanish, no.

JGarret said:
@Slimebeast

Besides a 3DTV, you need glasses compatible with the TV you´ll get and make sure your PS3 is updated with the firmware responsible for the 3D support addition.

Well the TV will have its own Samsung 3-D glasses. Will those be compatible with the PS3?

Around the Network

@slimebeast

As far as I know, the glasses only have to be compatible with your TV, not with the PS3.

To be honest, I really don't think the PS3 has quite enough power for 3D. We need another few years before we can have proper 1080p in 3D for every game, and affordable 3D TVs. I really do fear Sony is taking 3D too far by pushing it too much

I might. Love my DLP and I will NOT replace it until the day it goes Boom.

While the 3d PS3 games "should" technically work on my DLP, I am and will remain skeptical until I see it for myself.

Either way, I wont play either of those 2 games. Not my cup of tea.

JGarret said:
@slimebeast

As far as I know, the glasses only have to be compatible with your TV, not with the PS3.

Correct. Its quite simple actually...

Step 1. PS3 pushes 3D video using frequency or checkerboard or side by side...or whatever else format the game developer decided to use.

Step 2. TV receives it, matches it up with approprate built in 3D processing and shows it on the screen in 3D

Step 3. The TV syncs the signal with its shutter glasses and viewer sees 3D image son the screen

Glasses have nothing to do with the PS3.

Ssenkahdavic said:
I might. Love my DLP and I will NOT replace it until the day it goes Boom.

While the 3d PS3 games "should" technically work on my DLP, I am and will remain skeptical until I see it for myself.

Either way, I wont play either of those 2 games. Not my cup of tea.

Which DLP do you have again? PS3 is guaranteed to work with your TV if its a Mitsubishi..With a samsung, it may be trouble but there should be workarounds.

Also, did you hear that Panasinic 3D bluray players are natively supporting checkerboard displays...Yay!