By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 outsold Wii in the UK this week!

That's great... though I wonder why it did so now of all times...

Around the Network

Pretty interesting, but it still doesn't change the fact that the Wii beat it by almost 36K in the whole of Others.

Squilliam said:
The UK is a wierd market. I just look at all the houses with the identical style and brick and I think to myself how is this not any less conformist than Japan? If the Wii isn't the 'in' thing then it doesn't surprise me that its not doing as well as in other areas.

are houses at least here in northern ireland were built in estates and sold for around the same price.  the style and bricks general depend on who got the contract to build them, and when they were built.  I guess it also depends who they were being built for. council housing for people who could barely afford it. slightly up from that is people who took out a mortgage and will pay it back later, up from that the more wealthy, and up from that is people who owned land and built it themselves, (well hired people to build it) usually designed they way they want it.  but there is differences.  am sure it's like that in most places in the world, is it not.  I can see how the similarity's in life style could effect changes through out a country's buying habits.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

thismeintiel said:
Pretty interesting, but it still doesn't change the fact that the Wii beat it by almost 36K in the whole of Others.

Nobody claimed it ever did.

themanwithnoname said:
Seece said:

I only just noticed this! it's a small feat, but interesting to see 360 can outsell wii here, something the 360 hasn't done in America since .. Halo 3?!

Actually, didn't NPD claim it beat the Wii in like February?

hmm, don't remember that!

Around the Network

yep NPD showed the 360 ahead of wii in the US in february

mM
Seece said:
thismeintiel said:

Nobody claimed it ever did.

I know.  Hey, it's cool you want to celebrate your victory in the UK.  Just wanted to be pessimist for a sec. 

HD consoles ftw!! :D

Seece said:

I only just noticed this! it's a small feat, but interesting to see 360 can outsell wii here, something the 360 hasn't done in America since .. Halo 3?!

Man, that's sooooo cool !

30 million more to go ! :D

muajajajajajajajajajajajajjajja

abcdario said:
Seece said:

Man, that's sooooo cool !

30 million more to go ! :D

muajajajajajajajajajajajajjajja

Actually less than 2 mill in the UK