By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Whose your favorite Rapper?

Mad55 said:

hmm my favorite rapper is Ludacris no one compares to his flow sorry lol. but some artists that i like rght know are j.cole, asher roth, drake, and b.x.c

J cole is very underrated I expect big things outta him.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Around the Network

To continue the discussion on level in this thread, you are right there is different levels I was talking about mc'ing skills. at the time when they both were alive I really liked tupac and didn't really care for biggie. As I got older I really appriciated the stuff biggie spoke of the track and how timeless his flow is. Tupac had a 90s stlye I guess and he just wasn't as consistant as biggie was. You could listen to a biggie flow and just be flowed by his flow, as with pac you were floored by his messege. I like both though its good to see people on this website actually can appreciate all forms of music.

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Eminem is hands down the greatest rapper of all time. That's right, I said it. Even better than Pac and Biggy. Infinite was a great first work, but it wasn't untill the Slim Shady EP when he really started dominating.

The guy goes nuts on every single track. People here mentioned that his older stuff was more raw and better. I completely agree. But even in this day and age, he absolutley eats every rapper around. Doing a collaboration with Eminem takes a lot of guts because he will make you look like a fool on your own song. The most mentionable case of this is Drake's "Forever", a track where Eminem destroys three of the biggest names in the industry.

He's got some of the most amazing verses even on tracks from his new album (no love comes to mind). People in the industry have learned at this point just to stay out of his way cause he will end your career lol.

perpride said:

Eminem is hands down the greatest rapper of all time. That's right, I said it. Even better than Pac and Biggy. Infinite was a great first work, but it wasn't untill the Slim Shady EP when he really started dominating.

The guy goes nuts on every single track. People here mentioned that his older stuff was more raw and better. I completely agree. But even in this day and age, he absolutley eats every rapper around. Doing a collaboration with Eminem takes a lot of guts because he will make you look like a fool on your own song. The most mentionable case of this is Drake's "Forever", a track where Eminem destroys three of the biggest names in the industry.

He's got some of the most amazing verses even on tracks from his new album (no love comes to mind). People in the industry have learned at this point just to stay out of his way cause he will end your career lol.

Eminem is amazing but he feel off man... and in that collabo you mention I thought his verse was third best... his album now for instance I can't even listen all the way through his old stuff is classic though.

NWA

Public Enemy

Roy Jones Jr. (just for "Can't be touched")

Snoop Dogg

Slick Rick

That's about it. I don't really like rap that much.

Around the Network
Fame_Mcswagg said:
Mad55 said:

hmm my favorite rapper is Ludacris no one compares to his flow sorry lol. but some artists that i like rght know are j.cole, asher roth, drake, and b.x.c

J cole is very underrated I expect big things outta him.

Me two his subject matter and flow is different then agan its 90ish lol.

perpride said:

I think ludacris could compete and in some cases out do em. he even asked em on a couple occasions to get on a song with him.

not very big on rap, but I like some stuff like Atmosphere, K'naan (if you consider him a rapper), Manau or Tinguely dä Chnächt...

Vagabund said:

not very big on rap, but I like some stuff like Atmosphere, K'naan (if you consider him a rapper), Manau or Tinguely dä Chnächt...

lol yea hes a rapper. never heard of him though.

On the idea of Eminem, I honestly don't know what to think about him, he is easily up there with the greats, but he seems to vary a ton, but when it comes to freestyle... yeahh... good luck beating him, period.

Right now I'm dying, seriously dying for both Lupe's and Kanye's albums to drop, as well as Cudi's. And honestly, I have a feeling Lasers is going to be Lupe's best album so far.