By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Smash Brothers Brawl week one sales in Japan will be _____

mM
Around the Network

I almost want to say 350K.

Eh why not. I'll say three times the preorders doesn't matter that much.

Note that I still think it'll be the best not MLB Power Pros game on the Wii when released.

350K. It was either that or going 400,001... but the price is right has sucked since Bob Barker left.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

800k seems pretty reasonable.

Around the Network

Considering Mario Galaxy sold less than expected and Super Smash Bros. Melee sales I expect it to sell somewehre between 300 - 400k copies first week.

We don't know how many customers pre-ordered Galaxy do we? all we knew was retailer pre-orders. So for all we know it could have been 50,000 pre-orders for Galaxy and 150,000 for Brawl.

Japan is weird right now and so I think sales will be way less than expected. I'll say 300,000. In the US about 1 million first week.

well I was going to say 700k or 750k but everyone else said that. So 800k

1,000,000+

One thing that people are forgetting is the different mindset of SSBB compared to SMG. SMG is a single player game, if you don't get it right away, you just pick it up a week or so later, nothing lost. It's not like you're really going to care if one of your friends has already collected 100% of the star bits while you still haven't gotten the game.
Smash Bros Melee has a HIGH level of competition, and that's just competing against friends and people that you're sitting right next to. Now you have Brawl that promises to bring that back and then add online multiplayer on top of that. People will be trying to get that as soon as they possibly can to make sure that they have time to learn the system and train up so they don't get pwned in online multiplayer.

The popularity of the game, combined with its competitive nature is going to push sales of this game through the roof.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her