By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Smash Brothers Brawl week one sales in Japan will be _____

Fill in the blank.  The retailer for the preliminary data shows a hell of a lot of preorders, with over a month to release, the preorders are roughly 3x higher than the amount preorders for Super Mario Galaxy.

Let the guessing begin.

This thread will be revived when the game releases in Japan in January. 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

700.000 pre orders for SMG so...

700k X3 = 2,1 million.

Around 250K of SMG has sold during the first week right?

So I make a wide guess of 600k during first week. 

Eh, I don't expect much. 400k.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I think something near to 1000000 will be amazing...

1   2   3  not only you and me.

Livin' in sin is the new thing.

I think 400k....

Around the Network

1 million + maybe.

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

Super Smash Bros Brawl is the flagship of the hardcore gaming on Nintendo. It's the pure essence of hardcoreness made game. Japan is not hardcore anymore.

So around 400,000 @ max

Over 700k for sure.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

To be clear, this is based on what gamers preorder.

NOT retailer preorders.

That is all. 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu