By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What Genre would you really like to see a new Microsoft IP in?

What Genre would you really like to see a new Microsoft IP in?

Platformer 41 30.83%

Action/Adventure 33 24.81%

RPG 44 33.08%

Sports title (Fitness included) 1 0.75%

MMO 9 6.77%

RTS 5 3.76%

Total:133

Alright now I left out first person shooter because lets face it Halo owns that genre so theirs no real need for Microsoft to support that Genre with another title. I also left out third person shooter as Gears owns that genre pretty much and their are plenty of IP's set in that genre availible for the 360.

But I was recently thinking to myself, if the rumours of a new Microsoft IP are true then which genre would I most like to see supported. Quickly idea's popped into my head and I began to wonder what other fans would want to see.

Myself I was sort of let down by Blinx when it failed to really take on the platforming genre and I think Microsoft lacks a solid platformer. I would love to see a new Microsoft platformer launch to take on Mario it seems that Microsoft has left platforming to Sony and Nintendo. Then what about RPG sure Microsoft tried with BlueDragon and were semi successful but what about a more mainstream RPG? Or how about a new fitness game taking advantage of Natal?

In the end their are plenty of genres that Microsoft isn't currently taking advantage of, which genre would you like this new IP to be?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Hoping for another MS RPG.

Microsoft should have Rare resurrect Jet Force Gemini! That would give them a Ratchet & Clank kind of game! And I would be really happy!

Make it happen!

Platformer.

Something to compete with Mario and LBP

Every other department covered.

New RPG's always helps, so that got my vote but besides that, I'd like to really see a good platformer on 360 for a change

Around the Network

Platformer without a doubt, not only are they scarce on the Xbox 360 anyway, but first party ones are non existant almost.

I would like to see a MS platformer, but I would not want to see it compete directly with mario. A traditional run and jumper is always going to fail for MS, because quite simply, the platformer userbase is on the Wii. LBP managed to succeed because it offers things Mario does not, and if it did not have those things then it would have sold terribly.

What? No FPS choice? BIAS!!!

Tease.

Squilliam said:
What? No FPS choice? BIAS!!!

i chose platformer that microsoft needs but or a new rpg would be always be nice also (: