By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What exclusives does the Xbox have?

CGI-Quality said:
DarkisWR said:
CGI-Quality said:
DarkisWR said:
Theres more than whats been said...heck look at whats listed on wiki*lol i know right??*

Idk why folks don't count the exclusives that come out on 360/pc...thier both msft platforms..it makes sense money wise for them to relase like that...and if sony had any pc market share..they'd do the same.

Because a "true blue" exclusive is only on one platform. If the PC benefits from getting games also on the 360, how does that help the 360 to stand out? Many people will skip the console version altogether.

In the case of games like ALAN WAKE or Halo: Reach, there's no doubt about it, it's 360 or nothing, which is important to a brand.

But if your holding to true blue then shouldn't you take off some of those games PS3 wise? Or does the psp version of the game just not count?

What games are we talkin'? ModNation, LBP? What else?

And even with PSP iterations, they usually are fairly different from their PS3 counterparts. And it's a rarity that the PSP sees games that it shares with the PS3.

Besides, the PSP isn't hurting the PS3 when their in the same brand.

I see where you are both coming from. Although the PC market obviously isnt hurting the 360 at all. The sales of games like Gears , Mass Effect etc show in many cases higher sales than most PS3 exclusives. Which would say that the console gamers ( except for the very very hardcore minority ) are inkeeping PC players. Bear in mind it costs money to regualarly get full graphics from the PC. My friends PC is quite well specced. Yet cant play many games that my 360 has at highest settings. Nullifying any advantage the game might have over the 360 version on highest settings.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
DarkisWR said:
CGI-Quality said:
DarkisWR said:
Theres more than whats been said...heck look at whats listed on wiki*lol i know right??*

Idk why folks don't count the exclusives that come out on 360/pc...thier both msft platforms..it makes sense money wise for them to relase like that...and if sony had any pc market share..they'd do the same.

Because a "true blue" exclusive is only on one platform. If the PC benefits from getting games also on the 360, how does that help the 360 to stand out? Many people will skip the console version altogether.

In the case of games like ALAN WAKE or Halo: Reach, there's no doubt about it, it's 360 or nothing, which is important to a brand.

But if your holding to true blue then shouldn't you take off some of those games PS3 wise? Or does the psp version of the game just not count?

And even with PSP iterations, they usually are fairly different from their PS3 counterparts. And it's a rarity that the PSP sees games that it shares with the PS3.

I see where you are both coming from. Although the PC market obviously isnt hurting the 360 at all. The sales of games like Gears , Mass Effect etc show in many cases higher sales than most PS3 exclusives. Which would say that the console gamers ( except for the very very hardcore minority ) are inkeeping PC players. Bear in mind it costs money to regualarly get full graphics from the PC. My friends PC is quite well specced. Yet cant play many games that my 360 has at highest settings. Nullifying any advantage the game might have over the 360 version on highest settings.

Microsoft understands the importance of exclusives, otherwise ODST, Gears 2, Forza 3, & AW etc, etc...would all be on the PC. High sales or not, you have to build a brand and sharing many of your exclusives with another platform (yes, even the PC) isn't exactly the way to go about it. Two or 3 games selling north of 5mill doesn't mean PC/360 games won't hurt the 360's chances/potential/brand.

But you are talking different demographics. Like I said though there is a very very small bunch who will own a PS3/PC for example. The games you mention there were designed solely for the console market. Forza 1/2 were all on consoles. Remedy said they wanted to get AW finished. You can choose to believe that M$ moneyhatted it to 360, but considering the small team it's easy to see they had to choose one. As for ODST, again Halo is without a doubt set up as a console shooter.

PC gamers tend to want very different games.

to get back on topic now ... hydrophobia is a 360 arcade exclusive microsoft owns it now ...
http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_10102/Water-Based_Hydrophobia_goes_Xbox_LIVE_Arcade_Exclusive

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
DarkisWR said:
CGI-Quality said:
DarkisWR said:

Microsoft understands the importance of exclusives, otherwise ODST, Gears 2, Forza 3, & AW etc, etc...would all be on the PC. High sales or not, you have to build a brand and sharing many of your exclusives with another platform (yes, even the PC) isn't exactly the way to go about it. Two or 3 games selling north of 5mill doesn't mean PC/360 games won't hurt the 360's chances/potential/brand.

But you are talking different demographics. Like I said though there is a very very small bunch who will own a PS3/PC for example. The games you mention there were designed solely for the console market. Forza 1/2 were all on consoles. Remedy said they wanted to get AW finished. You can choose to believe that M$ moneyhatted it to 360, but considering the small team it's easy to see they had to choose one. As for ODST, again Halo is without a doubt set up as a console shooter.

And yet so many PC gamers say they will wait for a confirmation of a PC release of many 360 titles. Understand this, everytime that happens, it's another loss of a potential 360 purchase. Microsoft understands that.

That is a very small amount of Forum PC users. Majority of PC gamers play CS, WOW or Strategy games. Dont get me wrong, yes there are those who play other titles, but the average joe wanting to buy a console wont have a gaming PC. The sales of these PC/360 games on 360 are enough to tell us that the 360 is hardly being affected due to this. How many more 360's do you think would have sold extra if all those games were on 360 only? I honestly think it would be in the 100,000's. Nowhere near 1 million.

Any PC gamer I know isnt even interested in consoles. Or they are only interested in making sure it is capable of running MMORPG's. Very few ( I know 1 ) have PC's to run all the latest games like SCC, ME2 etc.

I do agree with you. But think the amount of people your talking about is a very small percentage of people that would increase any further 360 sales by any signifacant amount. Us forum users are in a huge minority. It just feels a big minority because we are here amongst the few thousand of us.

don't have a 360 but was weighing it's upcoming exclusive up a few months back and I made this list.  I have removed one I know where out recently but there may be few that are already out or some might just be wrong not sure.

1. Halo Reach (FPS)
  2. Crackdown2 (Action)
  3. Manga Carta2 (RPG)
  4. Ninety-Nine-Nights II (RPG)
  5. Champions online (MMO RPG)
  6. Divinity II: Ego Draconis (RPG)
  7. Magesty 2 (RPG)
  8. Demons of Mercy (RPG)
  9. Huxley: The Dystopia (FPS)
  10. White Gold (FPS/RPG)
  11. Nier gestalt (Action RPG) (twin on ps3)
  12. APB (MMO RPG)
  13. Age of Conan (MMO RPG)
  14. Blue Dragon2 (RPG)
  15. Venetica (RPG)
  16. Painkiller Resurrection (FPS)
  17. Joy Ride (Race)
  18. Project Gotham racing 6
  19. Too human two
  20. Warhound
  21. Dead island
  22. Fez
  23. gears of war 3 @
  24. Fable 3 @

@=added

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

Around the Network

Gears 3 and Fable 3. How could you forget about those ?

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
DarkisWR said:
CGI-Quality said:
DarkisWR said:

And yet so many PC gamers say they will wait for a confirmation of a PC release of many 360 titles. Understand this, everytime that happens, it's another loss of a potential 360 purchase. Microsoft understands that.

Then you also understand Msft can not just leave the pc market to dry on games. I mean Sony psp...Sony ps3
...find they are same brand even thou differnt systems. Got ya. But with msft like having *90%* of pc os marketshare etc...it's kinda the same thing.

I don't see this sooo many pc gamers bit....sales of 360 vs pc game says differnt to what your saying.

OT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

Maybe this holds some info to exclusive upcomming games..fair list..not really clutterd and holds some helpful info.

Notorius.A.i.G said:
Gears 3 and Fable 3. How could you forget about those ?

lol gears 3 is in my sig as games I am interested in and I didnt include it on my list.  fable yep should have had on it.

@slimebeast what's up with list. the list seems to be pretty good. 

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
DarkisWR said:
CGI-Quality said:
DarkisWR said:

That is a very small amount of Forum PC users. Majority of PC gamers play CS, WOW or Strategy games. Dont get me wrong, yes there are those who play other titles, but the average joe wanting to buy a console wont have a gaming PC. The sales of these PC/360 games on 360 are enough to tell us that the 360 is hardly being affected due to this. How many more 360's do you think would have sold extra if all those games were on 360 only? I honestly think it would be in the 100,000's. Nowhere near 1 million.

Any PC gamer I know isnt even interested in consoles. Or they are only interested in making sure it is capable of running MMORPG's. Very few ( I know 1 ) have PC's to run all the latest games like SCC, ME2 etc.

I do agree with you. But think the amount of people your talking about is a very small percentage of people that would increase any further 360 sales by any signifacant amount. Us forum users are in a huge minority. It just feels a big minority because we are here amongst the few thousand of us.

What i think CGI is saying is that exclusives are important, and MS knows it. If it was so insignificant to sales as you're saying, or if its all Win/Win for MS and that they dont care about some lousy 100k sales.. there wouldn't be any 360 exclusives like AW and Halo. I mean, Halo is a definitely a PC market game. So exclusives do matter, they do play their part and microsoft knows this very well. And one shouldnt downplay the importance of exclusives.

And im sorry if i misinterpreted you CGI

I think what CGI is forgetting in this discussion is the fact that the "Games for Windows Live" = same brand (just as PS3 and PSP are the "same brand" in his eyes). M$ is getting a chunk of each of those sales (which are being played on one of their "systems", lest we forget M$ has a massive market share on the personal computer). They still require a Live membership on top of it (Sliver to play/save, Gold for multiplayer), so the only real difference for M$ is which package it sells in. So, in that sense, there is no more basis for excluding exclusives like Gears than there is for excluding exclusives like LBP. They are still exclusive to M$ as a brand.

Thence we came forth
To rebehold the stars...