By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 still not maxed out, says Sony

I personally, after having played all of the big hitters now, find the differences between the systems, if noticable at all to be so minute as to be moot. People love hyperbole on these sites "This game CRUSHES everything on that system!" or "It DESTROYS the competition". At this point, the only differences you'll see will be: budget, dev skill and personal preference.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Garnett said:
Ldn.se said:
How times have changed...threads like that would create a war 2 yrs ago. Now the true Xbox fans are a rarity here like endangered species.

lol, Us Xbox fans have given up.

OT- Sony says one thing and their developers say another, who am i going to believe? The people who made it or the people who develope on it??????

Ill believe Sony, as most developers are just trying to Hype their games.

That goes both ways; you could say devs are telling the truth and Sony is just trying to hype their system. Or you could just not listen to any of them :P

Hmmm, damn... never thought of that.

GT5 should be close to maxing out the PS3. They spent so much time on it, it better max it out.

Duh.....

MGS4 < U1 < KZ2 < U2 < GOW 3 then we got GT5, TLG, KZ3 and more, It just keeps getting better and better.

CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
CGI-Quality said:

Of course the differences don't matter in the grand scheme of things, which I acknowledged in my response, but they DO exist. Multiconsole games mean nothing as well, there were plenty of mutliplatform games last gen that looked better on the PS2 when it was known that the Xbox had the advantage. The exclusives told the story there (though the gap in power was bigger then) and they've told the story this gen.

As mentioned though, it's mainly opinion regardless, so I don't see the big deal.

I agree with your point but not some of the details.

I can't think of a single multiplat last gen that ran better on the PS2. In fact Xbox usually ran smoother with better frame rates, looked better and supported 480p/720p output where PS2 only did 480i/480p for the same games games. MK Armageddon for example...

Console exclusives like Forza vs GT4 or God of War vs Ninja Gaiden could go both ways as they are custom tailored to showcase each systems strengths, but for multiplats PS2 couldn't keep up.

I remember playing Sonic Heroes on PS2 first and thinking that Dreamcast is more powerful since PS2 had terrible frame rate while sonic games on DC ran great. Then I played the Gamecube version and was quite surprised at the difference in quality... I always thought Gamecube was this cute little system. That thing could render those polygons like a beast :)

- Obscure, SILENT HILL 2 are just some. There weren't many, but they existed.

Don't know about Obsucre...but you're right about Silent Hill 2. Forgot about that one. MSG2 is another one.

I think those are the bayonetta's of last gen... Xbox's GPU is just so much more powerful than PS2's that one could butcher a port and it would still look half decent. Xbox had the most powerful PC GPU available on the market when it came out in 2001... Hence why it was sold at a loss from day 1 to the very last model made and sold to retailers :)

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
I personally, after having played all of the big hitters now, find the differences between the systems, if noticable at all to be so minute as to be moot. People love hyperbole on these sites "This game CRUSHES everything on that system!" or "It DESTROYS the competition". At this point, the only differences you'll see will be: budget, dev skill and personal preference.

This post DESTROYS the other posts on the Vgchartz forums. It totally crushes the logic in all the other related posts and shows them to be the low quality dribble that they actually are! There is no competition to this post and its a Vgchartz exclusive which ensures its quality.

Tease.

well the time is now to show us the true power of the PS3!

Squilliam said:
CommonMan said:

This post DESTROYS the other posts on the Vgchartz forums. It totally crushes the logic in all the other related posts and shows them to be the low quality dribble that they actually are! There is no competition to this post and its a Vgchartz exclusive which ensures its quality.

Now this is hyperbole I can get behind!

C_Hollomon said:
GT5 should be close to maxing out the PS3. They spent so much time on it, it better max it out.

All I know is GT5 better max out my racing game needs. I am so damed hyped for that game. Actually, it had just better come out sometime!

so then why isn't god of war 3 1080p native, or running at nearly 100fps if the game is only using a little more than half of the console's ability?

mM